What book are you reading right now?
Jan 29, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #4,966 of 5,345
What a great story, Bob. I grew up a "region rat" meaning we lived in NW Indiana. All our news and events came from Chicago. Everybody loved Bill Veeck. I will never, ever, forget "Disco Demolition Night" ... what a hoot! We all thought Steve Dahl was a cool character. And, I was a fan of KC and the Sunshine Band at the time :)

Dick, you’ve been all over the US map or just about. Minnesota, Indiana with Illinois sports allegiance & now in Tennessee. I remember quite well hearing about that famous Disco Demolition Night. I think the city officials banned any such events ever taking place again afterwards. It turned into some sort of riot if memory serves me right. KC and the Sunshine Band ... wow, that was a long time ago. :thumbsup: I posted photos of my book in my reply to alexsandro22, above.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #4,968 of 5,345
The Warehouse.jpg

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #4,970 of 5,345
saifbookIMG_8189-300x300.jpg

The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking

“Bitcoin has no owner, no authority that can decide on its fate. It is owned by the crowd, its users. And it now has a track record of several years, enough for it to be an animal in its own right. Its mere existence is an insurance policy that will remind governments that the last object the establishment could control, namely, the currency, is no longer their monopoly. This gives us, the crowd, an insurance policy against an Orwellian future.”

– Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Jun 20, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #4,977 of 5,345
Pan.jpeg
I decided to read Le Carre's fictional novels in sequence,
this is #15 ... written in 1996. The cold war is over,
George Smiley is retired, on to the new breed of MI6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back