What beats Sony MDR-1R?
Mar 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #106 of 145
Quote:

And I would appreciate you not commenting or making assumptions on headphones you have not heard. Thank you.

Oh, and it would be nice if you filled out your profile so the members can see what headphones and other gear you own. It helps to know who has what and who we can ask when we wish to know more about a particular headphone.

@Beagle: please just stop assuming people haven't heard the headphones just because their opinion does not line up with yours. That is very immature & childish. This is the second time you made that at assumption to me and this is the second time you have been wrong. Those types of comments do NOT contribute to the thread and make these forums into a very unfriendly environment. You are only making yourself look bad. Please stop it.

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #107 of 145
He's talking about the L1.

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #108 of 145
Quote:

lol well, all my previous posts are talking about the MDR-1R. I never made any comments about the L1's sound or any claims that I heard the L1s. The only reason the L1 was mentioned was b/c I was specifically responding to Vanarian who was repping the L1s and I said that I am sure his perspective is equally very valid and the L1s are a great pair of headphones like he said.

I am really not sure how to respond to Beagle as this is the second time that Beagle made those types of accusatory comments at me without even fully reading/comprehending my posts. As a new member of these forums, I feel very flustered/bewildered that when I post my opinions on a specific pair of headphones, Beagle would jump into the conversation questioning whether I actually owned/heard these headphones. That seems very hostile and not very polite to me.

Mar 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #109 of 145
Originally Posted by money4me247 

I would really appreciate it if you stopped replying to my posts with comments that aren't contributing to the conversation. Thank you.

Quote:

And I would appreciate you not commenting or making assumptions on headphones you have not heard. Thank you.

Oh, and it would be nice if you filled out your profile so the members can see what headphones and other gear you own. It helps to know who has what and who we can ask when we wish to know more about a particular headphone.

Beagle, it's not worth wasting your time.  Seriously.  

Now, back on track.  In the hot deals thread, the Sony 1R is at $189, with free shipping. (The post reflects $179.99, but it is $189.99 at the web site)  http://www.head-fi.org/t/651409/the-deals-thread-ii-read-the-first-post/825#post_9269168

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #113 of 145
Quote:
what beats a sony mdr-1r? an old, but still manufactured, cd900st

*runs*

Still manufactured? Huh. I thought they were discontinued.

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #114 of 145
Quote:
Warrenpchi I do agree but if even the slightest subjectivity, like being the vector which receives information from the object, and interpret it, can't permit the slightest objectivity in impressions, then let's say that everything I said is fully and totally subjective, ok.

Agreed. 
smile.gif
  Thanks for understanding my concern about this.

Quote:

Lolol. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

+1

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #116 of 145
Mar 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #119 of 145
Can anyone compare this model with the classic sony v6/7501?

The tonality of the 1R is very different from the V6. The V6 is grainy and a bit harsh in the highs, not a bad headphone but not as refined. The 1R is warmer and sweeter to the ears, better IMO in loud environments because the highs are not as harsh.

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #120 of 145
The tonality of the 1R is very different from the V6. The V6 is grainy and a bit harsh in the highs, not a bad headphone but not as refined. The 1R is warmer and sweeter to the ears, better IMO in loud environments because the highs are not as harsh.

Correct and also compared to similar looking sonys these 1r are most comfortable.

Also I have a question, is the "L1" an open type can?
If so then am not shure it should be compared to these and instead the sony ma900 wich are open cans.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Dam too many cans out :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back