what are your top 5 RPGs?
Jun 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #211 of 243
Are there any good/deep turn based RPG's that have been released lately?

FF7, 8, & 9 were glorious experiences for me, but I really haven't followed the turn-based RPG world since the playstation days.

I powered through FFX & XII, but didn't find them as captivating and the previous installments.

Jun 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #212 of 243
Quote:
Are there any good/deep turn based RPG's that have been released lately?

FF7, 8, & 9 were glorious experiences for me, but I really haven't followed the turn-based RPG world since the playstation days.

I powered through FFX & XII, but didn't find them as captivating and the previous installments.

FF13 and FF13-2?
i dont find the FF13 and 13-2 to be as good as 7,8,9 and 10 but still very enjoyable story to play and better than 12 in my opinion

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #213 of 243
Turn based in the sense of anything that's not some kind of real-time continuous action (aside from menus for certain actions, like Tales of or even down the route of Kingdom Hearts etc.), or more narrowly limited to traditional menu-based commands (like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy 10 and earlier)?

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #214 of 243
Quote:
Turn based in the sense of anything that's not some kind of real-time continuous action (aside from menus for certain actions, like Tales of or even down the route of Kingdom Hearts etc.), or more narrowly limited to traditional menu-based commands (like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy 10 and earlier)?

Turn based like FF VII-IX.  It looks like FF XV is going the hybrid route again, which is a shame.  :frowning2:

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #215 of 243
No. It doesnt look like some FFXII or XIII. It's more like a Kingdom Hearts Final Fantasy. Nothing wrong with that.

Just make it less linear, and less room to room like Kingdom Hearts, and all will be fine. As much as I love Kingdom Hearts II, the map design was terribly simplistic and small. The first game level design felt more open and varied.

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #224 of 243
Godlensun and soldensun? Lol.

In all seriousness, I looooved these two games. The move to 3d for the 3rd killed off the Golden Sun feel for me though.

Oct 20, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #225 of 243
These are old, and I haven't even played many RPGs, but here are some of my favs:

Elder Scroll's V: Skyrim
Elder Scroll's IV: Oblivion
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back