what are your top 5 RPGs?
Feb 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #136 of 243

catspaw

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Posts
984
Likes
129
You guys...
 
1. Baldurs Gate Series
2. Dragon age origins
3. Elder scrolls Morrowind/Oblivion
4. Witcher series
5. Fallout 1-2-3
 
I cant stand the Combat format in Skyrim (in oblivion, a well timed block or slash with the right step back, or side-ways could save you in imposible situations, in skyrim... you hit and win or get hited and lose. boring formula).,
If not for that, skyrim would probably be right next to baldurs gate series.
 
Feb 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #139 of 243

catspaw

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Posts
984
Likes
129
For me witchers best aspect was the enviroment (graphics, npc, surroundings, stuff like that all togheter made the world very life like).
 
Feb 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #142 of 243

kuriousmax

New Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Posts
12
Likes
0
Quote:
1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Gothic 2
3. Ultima Online
4. Diablo 2
5. Harvest Moon

 
 
It's nice to see another Harvest Moon fan!
 
Mine in no particular order:
 
1. The Legend of Dragoon
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
3. Mass Effect
4. Harvest Moon
5. Pokemon
 
But there are quite a few more.
 
Feb 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #145 of 243

RochRx7

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Posts
524
Likes
49
Location
Florida
In no order

FF III, IV, VI (couldn't decide so mashed them together: Anthologies?) 
Chrono Trigger (why do people like Cross? I hated it!)
Grandia II
Secret of Mana
Paper Mario
Persona 4
 
Feb 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #146 of 243

Bender1987

Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 19, 2012
Posts
55
Likes
16
Location
CA
Quote:
In no order

FF III, IV, VI (couldn't decide so mashed them together: Anthologies?) 
Chrono Trigger (why do people like Cross? I hated it!)
Grandia II
Secret of Mana
Paper Mario
Persona 4

I have to agree i hated Chrono Cross as well, Also Grandia II on the dreamcast was like so ahead of its time for console's.
 
Feb 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #147 of 243

RochRx7

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Posts
524
Likes
49
Location
Florida
Quote:
I have to agree i hated Chrono Cross as well, Also Grandia II on the dreamcast was like so ahead of its time for console's.

 
ah dude... Dreamcast was and will be my favorite console of all time (MvC2 mainly). Grandia II definitely was my favorite rpg for a long time.. barely edging out Chrono Trigger. (which I replayed so many times because I wanted to see the different effects of iirc: stealing food/killing chickens/catching cats etc haha)
 
I still have Grandia in my attic. I may dedicate a couple weekends to reigniting that love, if I can find where I stashed the cast at.
 
Feb 28, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #148 of 243

Bender1987

Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 19, 2012
Posts
55
Likes
16
Location
CA
Quote:
 
ah dude... Dreamcast was and will be my favorite console of all time (MvC2 mainly). Grandia II definitely was my favorite rpg for a long time.. barely edging out Chrono Trigger. (which I replayed so many times because I wanted to see the different effects of iirc: stealing food/killing chickens/catching cats etc haha)
 
I still have Grandia in my attic. I may dedicate a couple weekends to reigniting that love, if I can find where I stashed the cast at.

AHH yeah!! Man me and my Boys spent so much time on MvC2 that was like the only 2D fighter to even come close to being as good as tekken!
Man that takes me back, But yes the dreamcast was so ahead of its time i really wish sega had not of gone under.
 
Feb 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #149 of 243

dxanex

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Posts
1,433
Likes
131
Dreamcast was such an awesome system...MvC2 is still my all time favorite fighting game just a notch above Mortal Kombat II in the arcade. Skies of Arcadia was also a good RPG for the Dreamcast.
 
I will defend Chrono Cross...it wasn't amazing, but it wasn't terrible either. It sucked because it really didn't have much to do with Chrono Trigger at all, but as a game it was fun and looked pretty good for it's time.
 
Feb 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #150 of 243

Bender1987

Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 19, 2012
Posts
55
Likes
16
Location
CA
Quote:
Dreamcast was such an awesome system...MvC2 is still my all time favorite fighting game just a notch above Mortal Kombat II in the arcade. Skies of Arcadia was also a good RPG for the Dreamcast.
 
I will defend Chrono Cross...it wasn't amazing, but it wasn't terrible either. It sucked because it really didn't have much to do with Chrono Trigger at all, but as a game it was fun and looked pretty good for it's time.

Yeah i'll give you that as well, But i was a fan of most of the PS1 RPG's it was a good time to be a gamer!
Also Skies of Arcadia was sick to and i had forgotten about it until hearing you say it.
Do you by chance remember the game Evolution on the cast as well?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top