What are your favorite Websites (aside from Head-Fi)?
Jul 8, 2002 at 11:14 AM Post #18 of 50
www.hardocp.com -- overclocking and computer hardware for the not-so-politically-correct
www.hardforums.com -- hardocp's forum, so big it goes down more often than a freshman girl at a frat party

www.google.com
biggrin.gif

www.2cpu.com -- computer hardware for lovers of dual processor machines

www.sinfest.net -- the best online comic strip (please note: i HATE user friendly and penny arcade)

bbspot.com -- theonion-style "news" of the geek world (hysterical)

www.deaddreamer.com -- this man's art amazes me

www.impreza-rs.com/forums -- i have an impreza wrx and have found some useful information there

Jul 10, 2002 at 5:42 AM Post #26 of 50
eBay - buy and sell
investors.com - I am learning a ton reading the investors corner every day. This is the on line version of investors business daily with some free stuff.
americanbulls.com - free stock buy sell site. has daily candle action and daily buy sell stocks once you log in for free.
maximumpc.com - For when I build PCs - just about time to upgrade to a P4
http://www.worldzone.net/music/andystereowz/audio.htm - incredible wealth of information about everything hi-fi.
monster.com - I should be looking for a job instead of hanging out here :)

Feb 23, 2003 at 10:36 AM Post #28 of 50
sorry to drag this incubating grub from the depths of the head-fi neglected threads, but it's about time it got to flourish once again.

i know there have been a few other threads like this one, but i could not find them. this is the first i've seen of this particular thread, which was found through my looking for favorite streaming audio sites. there are some sites on here that are pretty worthwhile. thought i'd contribute a few, and hope others bring out their favorites as well. i've recently become a little bit stale in terms of what i view on the web -- need to kick start my mind and ADD-like ways again.

here's a few that i like (a little something for everyone):

www.tigersushi.com --> good electronic and other varieties of music store and resource. they have a pretty interesting webstream with realtime song updates. good place to listen to new music and find new potential favorites.

www.othermusic.com --> a new york based store with some excellent choices. they publish a newsletter that gets sent out every couple of weeks, complete with links to decent-quality audio samples (2 per new album). check out the old newsletters archive to find a good archive of album samples and descriptions.

www.explodingdog.com --> webart spawned from user comments.

www.devotedbee.com --> more webart.

www.kaiju.com --> wrestling... but quirkier than wwf, if you can believe that...

www.orisinal.com --> fun, original, and stylish flash applets and web games.

www.flashkit.com --> flash web developer's site. some good tutorials for those who are just starting out.

www.arktikos.com --> not currently up (under reconstruction), but it used to have a huge wealth of remixed bjork songs. some were really crappy. but some were really really impressive. hopefully it'll be just as good when it returns.

www.dvdtalk.com --> a good site for dvd info. not the best, but good. the forums have an invaluable resource for finding exactly what you want and at the best price through scamming columbia house. check out the "dvd clubs" forum at this site.

www.b3ta.com --> usually kind of pointless, but once in a while quite funny.

www.gamefaqs.com --> comprehensive video game listing and cheating/walkthrough/faq/strategy site.

www.homerecording.com --> the bbs here has a lot of great information on recording equipment and techniques.

http://games.yahoo.com --> a ton of online card/domino/boardgames here. i was addicted to these games like crack at one point. i'm all over the pool, cribbage, and dominoes.

www.audiolicense.net --> a site with an index of a ton of sound effects. all downloadable in decent mp3 quality, too. useful if you are doing sound editing in movies and the like.

www.allrecipes.com --> nice because they have user comments and suggestions.

some sites i'd be interested in finding are good quality camping or outdoors resources, with guides to parks and useful information on survival; an authoritative book review site; and a site with good quality music videos; anything else you might find interesting. post 'em if you've got 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back