What are your favorite indie games?
Mar 22, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #32 of 67
Quote:
SCP Containment Breach! You'll never, ever blink again after playing it...
smily_headphones1.gif

ooohh... that game.... I quit after 2 hours cause i got tired of being so scared
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #35 of 67
Quote:
2 hours isn't too bad. I just can't continue playing after getting killed. The game is absolutely terrifying and everything goes sooo fast and unexpected.
I really have to try to play it properly next time...

When the teleporting one chases you its bad, when the black figure that can walk through walls starts chasing you, its pretty much game over, now you have to not stop moving AND not look away from the teleporting one AND activate the door switches. Its absolutely terrible
redface.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #36 of 67
I actually got killed twice in the intro sequence. It took kinda long when he was waiting in his cell, and I thought that I could open a web browser on top of the game window. I heared something like "That Guy must be dumb, close the door and open the gas valves" but it was too late...fuuuuuu

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #40 of 67
I don't play many indie games, but Slender Game impressed me. Besides being easy to play, it's also quite fun to give it to my friends to see their reaction when playing this game.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #41 of 67
I highly HIGHLY recommend the game Bastion on the Xbox arcade. Beautiful game and responsible for helping me rekindle me love of video games once again. If you haven't played it it's a must. I'll be watching Supergiant Games, the company that made Bastion, in the future. I know they got a new game called Transistor in the works.

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #43 of 67
Just learned about Hammerwatch recently; it's sort of like Gauntlet with a few additional touches, and hopefully ONLINE MULTIPLAYER THAT WORKS! You guys wouldn't believe how hard my circle of friends has tried to get some online Gauntlet going, either via emulation or LAN tunneling with Get Medieval (which uses old DirectPlay networking code that doesn't play nice with tunneling software of any sort)...

Also, if you're into RPGs, give Undertale a shot. There's a freely-available demo.

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #44 of 67
I find Kerbal Space Program to be very impressive. Have not played it personally but Watching Youtube videos is very entertaining. Also have to agree with bastion, I love the idea of having the game narrated as you play.

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #45 of 67
Oh yeah, forgot to bring Kerbal Space Program up, didn't I?

Tried that one back with the free, open beta builds and liked the concept, but it was clearly unfinished. The DirectInput controller support didn't even work! How am I supposed to fly a spacecraft with a keyboard?

Apparently, it's progressed much farther along now, but I'm holding off for some deeper discounts...and for my bank account to recover from the sheer financial damage that Steam sale inflicted already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back