What are you thankful for?
Nov 24, 2002 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

JMT

JMT Audio:PPA/META42 Amp Factory
This may be premature, but I will be visiting my in-laws this next week for the Thanksgiving holiday and they do not have a computer in their house.
mad.gif
So I will be out of touch with you guys.

But, what are you thankful for? Me:

- My family. My dad and step-mom are healthy and active, my kids are good kids and seem happy. My beautiful wife (BW) understands and indulges me this hobby of mine, she is the best.

- My friends. I have few friends. But those that I have are close friends, and I have known them for years. Some, although we have never met, are Head-Fi/Wizers. Although we have never met in person, I consider them good friends and would open my house to them if the need arose.

I just want to wish everyone a great Thanksgiving, and ask you all to take a moment to give thanks.

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 28
I am thankful for the amp you made me. Thanks. Still don't have the wall wart yet for it but I will hopefully by tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
This may be premature, but I will be visiting my in-laws this next week for the Thanksgiving holiday and they do not have a computer in their house.
mad.gif
So I will be out of touch with you guys.

But, what are you thankful for? Me:

- My family. My dad and step-mom are healthy and active, my kids are good kids and seem happy. My beautiful wife (BW) understands and indulges me this hobby of mine, she is the best.

- My friends. I have few friends. But those that I have are close friends, and I have known them for years. Some, although we have never met, are Head-Fi/Wizers. Although we have never met in person, I consider them good friends and would open my house to them if the need arose.

I just want to wish everyone a great Thanksgiving, and ask you all to take a moment to give thanks.

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 12:10 AM Post #4 of 28
nice touch Jon.The Holiday season here in the states begins this week.
In fact I just went to an early Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.Early only so everyone could get together and still spend the actual holiday with family.About 25 showed
biggrin.gif

And thursday will be just that for me , a family event.

But then the madness begins boys and girls !
What madness ?

The single largest shopping day in this country is on Friday !
Good day to stay home
very_evil_smiley.gif

Have an early happy holiday season wherever you are

Nov 25, 2002 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 28
Jon, thanks for posting this. My priorities are much the same as I have a wonderful sister in San Jose (we are very close) and she has sorta taken up the slack since we lost our parents in Texas fairly recently. I still have cousins and an uncle in Dallas and around the "Lone Star State" and we communicate regularly.

I feel the same way about my Head-Fi buddies...although we haven't met in person, I feel a really strong bond.

Of course, I'm thankful for my health, prosperity, and general well being.

I think it's imperative to take a few moments to evaluate these things at least once a year. We should do it much more often!

God bless you all...

cool.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 12:22 AM Post #6 of 28
Thanks for reminding us so eloquently, Jon. Like you, I'm thankful for my family (4 children and a BW who also indulges my insanity) and friends, such as you, who I feel I've known much longer than my stay on Head-Fi/Wize. Health is another big thing that I am thankful for (being a smoker, this is a BIG one). And of course the fact that I am materially comfortable enough to afford all this stuff. Have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #7 of 28
Nice thought Jon, and everyone who's posted. I'm especially thankful for my Mom's health, almost lost her two years ago. And my wife, man she's a saint
biggrin.gif
(gotta be, right ?
biggrin.gif
) And for friends, a couple of who are right in this thread. All the Best to you and your families this Thanksgiving ! Enjoy !

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 3:01 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

The single largest shopping day in this country is on Friday !

lol, you know, my family tells ourselves that we won't be a part of the mad media-induced frenzy. But every year, we surely are.
wink.gif
I mean, those best buy deals are just JUICY sometimes.

anyway, I'm thankful for the health of my family and I. I'm thankful for living in such a great country. I'm thankful for my family. I'm thankful for my continued grades.

I'm sure I'll think of more. ..

Nov 25, 2002 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 28
This is a nice thread to come across. I find myself doubting my compulsive spending in this hobby, although ironically condoned by my BW. I am very thankful for her. Life would be dull without her I fear. I am thankful for my parents who have worked really hard to get me where I am today. I am thankful also for my brothers who, if only with their presence, taught me to share. I am also very thankful for my friends. I am closer to my friends than anybody else (save my BW). There is a group of 7 of us who are very very close and that can be extended to a group of 10 when we are in the same city. We all grew up together and we know each other so intimately well that we help each other out when times are tough...either financially, emotionally whatever.

Lastly, I'm very thankful I live in a kick ass country. Not much war is seen up in these parts and that makes me ignorant at times concerning the difficulties in other parts of the world. I thank God dearly for hooking me up in a first world country.

Nov 25, 2002 at 3:36 AM Post #10 of 28
Life.

That I have the opportunity to do something with mine, that amazing people have shared theirs, that the short amount of it I've had has me wanting more, the trust that there's more lessons coming from it. I'm thankful for that.

Have a good Thanksgiving Jon
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2002 at 3:13 AM Post #12 of 28
I give many, many thanks to my wonderful family, our health and overall well being. Being in good health has really hit home for me over the past couple of months, as I have a cousin who has been diagnosed with liver cancer. He's only 53. It really makes you appreciate what you have and how quickly it can all be taken away.

Jon, thanks for the post and have a great holiday. The same to everyone else here. Thanks for a very fun year.

Nov 26, 2002 at 8:31 PM Post #14 of 28
i'm thankful for:
family, my wife, friends real and electronic, md, good vinyl, employment (just got a job at microsoft after 8 months of NOTHING), dvd, beer, wine, music, my iguana, my health, a good smoke, new clothes, peace & quiet, pistachio nuts, the internet and head-fi. and of course having money again to spend on frivolous stuff like headphones...

Nov 26, 2002 at 8:41 PM Post #15 of 28
I am thankful that my families health is for the most part good and the stomach problems that plague my wife are not too serious. I am pleaseed that my children have grown into responsible adults and that they are happy.

After reading that there is a Death sentence on the Nigerian journalist that wrote an off color article makes me thankful I am an American.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back