What are you listening to right now on XM Radio?
Jun 22, 2005 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
I just picked up an XM Roady 2 that I have setup at home. As some have already noted in other threads, the quality varies from station to station, but there is always something interesting to listen to. Whether it's old favorites, or something brand new that I've never heard before. It's a great source for potential new music.

As a spinoff of the very successfull & fun "What are you listening to right now?" threads, I thought it be even more relevant to post what XM radio fans were listening to at the moment. That way, fellow Head-Fiers & XM subscribers could share in your current choices.

Right now I've got on Hiliario Duran on Channel 95 (Luna). Some cool, modern Latin jazz. Smooth.

Whatta y'all got on?

Jun 23, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 13
Now that XM has online streaming
http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/index.jsp

I've been taking my Wi-Fi-equipped Pocket PC to the local coffee house and listening to it live... I feel like such a techno-nerd. Currently listening to Deep Tracks (Ch 40) and Beyond Jazz (Ch72).

Jun 23, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 13
XM Music Lab channel 51 plays some really good stuff. They bill it as "music for musicians", which I'm not, but it makes me feel cool.

Jul 10, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 13
Tesla - Heavens Trail
Bone Yard xL channel 41

Man, I miss Liquid Metal.
frown.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 1:52 PM Post #6 of 13
When I am driving I go between 10 presets, most listened to are:

Bluesville
Deep Tracks
XM Café

When I was taking long trips Chicago-Phoenix and Chicago-Seattle I really saw the value of satellite radio. At home we often have it on for background while we are doing things around the house and often quiet classical during dinner.

Mar 15, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #8 of 13
I typically listen to The Mix, The Blend, CNBC, Fox News Channel, Fox Talk, Fred's Place, The Cafe, Watercolors, America Right, XM Classics, XM Pops, XM Vox, Starbucks HearMusic, Fine Tuning, and AudioVisions. XM is a great service for music and it is worth keeping. In fact, I bought into it twice after selling it to Todd R once. Bad mistake, corrected.

Mar 15, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
When I am driving I go between 10 presets, most listened to are:

Bluesville
Deep Tracks
XM Café

When I was taking long trips Chicago-Phoenix and Chicago-Seattle I really saw the value of satellite radio. At home we often have it on for background while we are doing things around the house and often quiet classical during dinner.

I had the MINI in the shop last week, meaning we had to drive our other car without XM.... Wow oh wow does Chicago area radio suck. It's time without XM that makes me realize what an impact it's had on me (at least in the car). I do a lot of Deep Tracks, 60's on 6, The Loft, Music Lab and others. It's been well worth the monthly fee.

A_Sr.

Also, the wife hates it because I end up buying CD's by people I hear on XM.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr
I had the MINI in the shop last week, meaning we had to drive our other car without XM.... Wow oh wow does Chicago area radio suck. It's time without XM that makes me realize what an impact it's had on me (at least in the car). I do a lot of Deep Tracks, 60's on 6, The Loft, Music Lab and others. It's been well worth the monthly fee.

A_Sr.

Also, the wife hates it because I end up buying CD's by people I hear on XM.
biggrin.gif

Think that's bad?
I look forward to the Chicago radio stations when I go there since the ones out of South Bend are even worse.

Anyway,
I usually listen to Lucy, Fred, Ethel, (Where's the Ricky channel?) XM Comedy 150, Soul Street, Deep Tracks.

Got a SkyFi 2 in the house with an extra cradle and antenna in the garage.
An Alpine deck in my car with a built in XM tuner.
Roady in the Wife's car that I bought her for Christmas, she loves it.

I think we're hooked.
TR

Mar 15, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #12 of 13
For one thing, I am sure glad that XM decided to add channel 75, Starbuck's HearMusic to its lineup. If I like this kind of music, then I ought to try The Cafe too.

Mar 15, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #13 of 13
I usually listen to talk of XM -- pretty much all of my listening is the car, so the rather mediocre sound quality doesn't bother me.

None of the music channels really match my taste, and it's not that uncommon that I don't want to listen too much to what's being played. I like the Deep Tracks channel, overall. I wish they had a progressive rock channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back