What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 22, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #35,418 of 134,871

Broken Road

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #35,419 of 134,871
Here's a corny song:    >:)

Sep 22, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #35,421 of 134,871
Quote:

An excellent album. I haven't heard all her albums yet, but my favorite is still her debut "Another Mind", although that might be just because it was the first album I heard from her.

Typically when I get a new album I listen to it once or twice and then I leave it alone for at least a month or two, even if it's really good, to avoid getting too familiar with it which could result in it losing its freshness and becoming less interesting to me. When this album was released a couple of months ago, I probably listened to it ten times during the first week alone. Somehow I didn't get tired of it and still I find myself drawn to it regularly.

I introduced the album to my cousin who studies composition and music technology in London and he has the same "problem" of listening to this album constantly. He told me recently that he thinks Nhato is one of the most promising and forward-thinking electronic artists he has heard and I must agree, although a lot of the modern electronic music scene is still pretty much uncharted territory for me.

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #35,422 of 134,871

Giving this DnB legend a complete listen tonight. It's been awhile, old friend.

First time on the 009s. Perfection.

EDIT: And now for something completely different.

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #35,425 of 134,871

All this BT talk reminded me of a bunch of music I got a while ago on a friend's recommendation and forgot about.....time to give it a listen!

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #35,426 of 134,871

All this BT talk reminded me of a bunch of music I got a while ago on a friend's recommendation and forgot about.....time to give it a listen!

Good choice. I was actually just about to put on THM. Been awhile since I heard it since the new releases. THM dwarfs all those other releases on that list, IMO. Though they're still good. Somnombulist on Emotional Tech is one of my favorite BT songs.

EDIT: I decided to put on side 1 before bed. Couldn't handle 2 hours right now, had a tiring day. I'll be sure to wrap it up with side 2 tomorrow morning. I also think I see some Autechre in my future tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back