What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 12, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #16,473 of 134,914
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobLikesBrunch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was the first album I ever listened to. I was four or something; but I still have it! Everyone loves "Run-Around".

Oh man, you just made me feel old !!
k701smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For whatever reason, I always hated the band name Led Zeppelin. I am not sure why, but this strange thing kept me from an amazing CD, at the very least. Right now I'm listening to Houses of the Holy. The album art is a little disturbing, but the music is awesome. Warm, funky, and full of soul and realness. It's very musical.

I instantly fell in love with D'yer Mak'er.
smily_headphones1.gif

And you brought back memories of playing that song in a bar band some 15 years ago!
ksc75smile.gif

I on my part am currently listening to Mike Stern - "Standards (and other songs)"

standards.jpg

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #16,480 of 134,914
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_equalizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, you just made me feel old !!
k701smile.gif

And you brought back memories of playing that song in a bar band some 15 years ago!
ksc75smile.gif

I on my part am currently listening to Mike Stern - "Standards (and other songs)"

standards.jpg

Sorry about that, mate. It's new to me, wasn't trying to make anybody feel old.

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #16,484 of 134,914
album-patchworkfancy.jpg

Whoa, why haven't I heard of her until now? Well, I don't know, BUT, with every new fancy (pun not intended) of mine leads on to something else of equal (or better) atttractiveness - Thanks Zooey! (deschanel) and I now hear where some of your influences came from.

Anyway, can anyone recommend any more music similar to this? I love the production and instruments used and not to mention Bobby's voice and the lyrics, great combo.

Jan 12, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #16,485 of 134,914
Nils Lofgren

Acoustic LIVE

Highly praised for the recordings sound quality by them there audiophile types ubiquitously
wink.gif

~
smily_headphones1.gif
~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back