What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 3, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #97,621 of 135,837
GRIMES

London Grammar

Hey Now
Strong

Why is it so hard

The best use of voice bravado I know of
crazy awesome CocoRosie sounds even crazier live...

Rejoice....

Aurora

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #97,622 of 135,837
Just bought the Queen Of Soul's singles vinyl album.

1599146713960.png

Sep 3, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #97,624 of 135,837

(.. 4T Thieves.. Best thing happened to leftfield electronica since BoC..)

Keeping the legend alive...............

Happy listenings...... :scream_cat: :point_up:

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #97,625 of 135,837
@Salguson Love the Joe Walsh clip. I've seen several notable guests on Live From Daryl's House. Some of my favorites are Sharon Jones, Diane Birch and KT Tunstall.

Oh man the first part was hilarious and the whole super enjoyable. I never heard about her before but will check more for sure. Lovely voice

Sep 3, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #97,626 of 135,837
Johnny Cash The Man Comes Around

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #97,628 of 135,837
@Salguson I'm glad you liked the Diane Birch clip. I'd recommend you start with her album Bible Belt.

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #97,631 of 135,837
I personally find that Hendrix’ guitar solo on Machine Gun is amongst his very best on any of his albums, studio or live.

Yes, I agree. I remember when that album came out that i was most impressed by "Who Knows." With time, I think that "Machine Gun" has turned out to be the outstanding track. Last album before his death, I believe. I was in junior high school when Hendrix died. Me, and a significant number of my classmates, wore black armbands to school for a couple of days. We were ultimately told by the principal that we couldn't wear them. We were such "rebels." That album always made me wonder about where Hendrix might have gone if he had lived...

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #97,632 of 135,837

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #97,633 of 135,837
Yes, I agree. I remember when that album came out that i was most impressed by "Who Knows." With time, I think that "Machine Gun" has turned out to be the outstanding track. Last album before his death, I believe. I was in junior high school when Hendrix died. Me, and a significant number of my classmates, wore black armbands to school for a couple of days. We were ultimately told by the principal that we couldn't wear them. We were such "rebels." That album always made me wonder about where Hendrix might have gone if he had lived...
Nice & interesting story. I guess we’re around the same age. I was in Grade 9 when he passed away which is probably the equivalency of junior high in Canada. In grade 11 my home class was Arts every morning, first period. We were allowed to listen to music. A friend of mine & myself played this album quite a few times that year. That’s what I immediately think about every time I play or hear about Band of Gypsies. That’s always the big question concerning Hendrix isn’t it ? Where would he have gone musically ? There were speculations about a musical collaboration between Miles Davis & Hendrix for example ...

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #97,635 of 135,837
(Multiple Artists) - Woodstock - Back To The Garden_ The Definitive 50th Anniversary Archive (...jpg
Really enjoying this remix/remaster of the original Woodstock tapes. I agree with
@whirlwind ... it seems like you're there. Today for me it's Santana and The Who.
I had to learn more about The Who, so read the wiki. Seems the lads were quite
a handful back in the day!
LCD-4 -------------> :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back