What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 20, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #84,676 of 134,895
joachim roedelius.jpg

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #84,681 of 134,895
61Q8GkAnm5L._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Unsure how to feel about this one. This is mellow in a way that I didn't expect. I also think Blockhead is best when there are no vocals to speak of. Too much of Hip-Hop is about serving the rapper. With Blockhead, your mind just wanders. You don't listen to a track like Forest Crunk the same way you would "Kiss the Cook", for example.
But who knows, maybe It'll grow on me. But speaking of music that sounds better without vocals..

Dream Theater is unquestionably cheesy, but once you "get it" there simply aren't many bands doing what they do on a consistent basis. I wasn't high on The Astonishing, nor anything post Octavarium for that matter but this could be interesting. I'm hoping they take more risks this time around.

For me dream theather would be perfect if they just got rid of the singer. Ruins it for me.

Jan 21, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #84,686 of 134,895

Jan 21, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #84,689 of 134,895
I like a few bits of his singing, i.e the harmony on Untethered Angel.'s chorus. It's when he goes full on caterwaul mode.. But over the years I've learned to ignore him. There's a lot going on, so that makes it easier.
I've pretty much given up on them bc of the singer. Its too bad bc the new drummer is great and their jamming is really one of the best in high technical metal imo. At least there is liquid tension sound experiment for when I want a dose of dream theater without hearing the murder of a cat simultaneously

Jan 21, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #84,690 of 134,895
I've pretty much given up on them bc of the singer. Its too bad bc the new drummer is great and their jamming is really one of the best in high technical metal imo. At least there is liquid tension sound experiment for when I want a dose of dream theater without hearing the murder of a cat simultaneously
Have you also checked out OSI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back