What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #54,136 of 134,881

Man Clayton, that list contains legendary names.  What great souvenirs.  Reading the name Arthur Brown made me smile ("I am the Lord of hellfire & I bring you …. Fire")
The bands/names I highlighted in Bold/Italics I grew up listening to at night (my older brother had the albums & we shared the same bedroom) while most of the kids I knew back then listened to what we used to call "Bubble Gum Music".  We listened to Cream, the Animals, the Doors, Hendrix, the Stones, CCR and a few more I forget.  My brother saw Cream & Hendrix in Ottawa in the late sixties.

Amongst a few bands I had the privilege to see :

Genesis w/Peter Gabriel,
Jethro Tull,
Frank Zappa,
Steely Dan (in Chicago w/my son),
Paul McCartney (July 2013 in Ottawa)

beerchug.gif

Now I envy both of you! Which Zappa band was it?

I don't exactly remember Pal Joey.  It was in the early '80s so I doubt it was the Mothers of Invention.  He also had female backup signers. What I remember is that it was an excellent concert, it was in the Winter time because Zappa made a funny remark about not understanding why we lived in a climate that froze our little asses off (Ottawa, Canada) & the other thing I remember is my shirt & my brother's shirt smelled like ashish since back then people could smoke inside arenas. My brother never did drugs & I had stopped smoking that stuff a few years before. 

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #54,137 of 134,881
  I don't exactly remember Pal Joey.  It was in the early '80s so I doubt it was the Mothers of Invention.  He also had female backup signers. What I remember is that it was an excellent concert, it was in the Winter time because Zappa made a funny remark about not understanding why we lived in a climate that froze our little asses off (Ottawa, Canada) & the other thing I remember is my shirt & my brother's shirt smelled like ashish since back then people could smoke inside arenas. My brother never did drugs & I had stopped smoking that stuff a few years before.

I discovered Zappa in reverse. My first album was 'The Best Band you never heard in your Life' from his last ever tour, and I'm not so keen on the Flo'n'Eddie stuff, although the original Mothers material is great. The lineups in the Eighties comprised some brilliant individuals, so you probably heard him with some of the finest backing musicians he'd ever recruited.

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #54,145 of 134,881
41-yeCiZB0L._SY300_.jpg

41ndXHfHeDL._SY300_.jpg
Savages-2013

719k-jb1%2BKL._SX522_.jpg

Just saw the film last night and I'm listening to the soundtrack today. Chadwick Boseman is mind blowingly good.  His performances is probably better than the movie, but he makes it a must see IMO.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #54,147 of 134,881
  "If you wanna squeal, said the F.B.I. We can make a deal, make it worth your while..."  This song was stuck in my head for half the day:

Simple one take music video works beautifully for this:

Bugger! Now you have me utubing for Endicott
biggrin.gif

Haven't listened to the Kid in about 20

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #54,148 of 134,881
Godsmack_1000hp_Album%20Cover%20Final.jpg

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #54,149 of 134,881

Users who are viewing this thread

Back