What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 3, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #52,007 of 135,683

If you listen the first single 'Unchain Utopia', and 'The Essence Of Silence' you'll get an idea about the album.
I think its great! I'd say its definitely worth a listen!
wink.gif

I have mixed feelings about the album. I wish more of it sounded like "Iron Sky". I don't think its a brilliant album - so far for me i'm finding it just OK. Nice to see him going in this direction. 

May 3, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #52,008 of 135,683
  I have mixed feelings about the album. I wish more of it sounded like "Iron Sky". I don't think its a brilliant album - so far for me i'm finding it just OK. Nice to see him going in this direction. 

I'm yet to listen his whole album, hopefully today. But I really like this song!

May 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #52,011 of 135,683

I'm yet to listen his whole album, hopefully today. But I really like this song!

Yea its a great song ill give him that - the Charlie Chaplin speech in the middle is great. 

May 3, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #52,014 of 135,683
Bought these late yesterday and didn't have a chance to listen to them until this morning; I'm loving them all. I've had Privateering and Supermodel on my list for awhile, but held off on purchasing until prices came down a little at my brick-and-mortar stores.

Josh Ritter's 1999 self-titled album was a bit of a surprise find at a bookstore, and it makes a perfect addition to my current inventory of four Ritter albums as the earliest of his recordings I own (the others being The Golden Age of Radio, So Runs the World Away, and The Beast In Its Tracks). Now I just need all those albums in the middle, in the transition period between his solo acoustic folk days and his current full band folk rock.

I knew Privateering would be a really solid pick, since Mark Knopfler never disappoints, and I'm happy to report that my assumptions were correct. All twenty of the tracks are great blues rock creations, with a tinge of British culture and leftovers of the lingering sound of Dire Straits. I've always liked Knopfler better as a solo artist, since he's shown himself to be great at crossing subgenre lines and collaborating with fantastic singers like Van Morrison and Emmylou Harris.

Foster the People have had my respect for a long time, especially since their rise to prominence is a storybook example of working hard to slowly make it in the industry. Mark Foster genuinely deserves his fame, after giving his life to Los Angeles and slaving away for years to get subpar deals as a commercial songwriter before any success. His bandmates have all worked hard through many groups as well, and they work very well together as a single act. After their big break with Pumped Up Kicks in 2010 and 2011, I had been afraid that they would turn out like fun. and make a really terrible sophomore album, but Supermodel is almost better than Torches was. The sound of this album is bigger and more diverse than Torches, but remains crisp and creative, partially due to the friendly collaboration between Foster and Paul Epworth in producing both albums.

Josh Ritter by Josh Ritter

Privateering by Mark Knopfler

Supermodel by Foster the People

May 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #52,016 of 135,683

Perfect for peeps who like a few tunes in the car. Peeps who will also probably buy the next Rod Stewart album at the supermarket.

In other words - commercial drivel. Shame coz hes got a great voice!  

May 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #52,017 of 135,683
doing a couple of old faves

May 3, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #52,020 of 135,683
Miceblue, are these binaural or stereo?

Quote:
Ottmar Liebert's most recent albums. I like his "Bare Wood 2002-2012" album more than "three-oh-five."

Oh, and I know that you can get these albums from HDTracks. You should purchase the albums from the ListeningLounge instead. The HD albums are $2 cheaper there, you get the MP3 files in addition to the lossless ones, and the liner notes are free to download (meaning you can download them even if you don't purchase the albums). Really, there's no point to getting the album from HDTracks in this regard.
http://www.ssri.biz/index.php?c=111
http://www.ssri.biz/index.php?c=112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back