What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jun 9, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #124,772 of 135,898
Testing out my Bifrost2/64 upgrade card...

Jun 9, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #124,773 of 135,898

Jun 9, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #124,776 of 135,898
JSTBFTHL.jpg
JJCL.jpg
16/44 Flac > KTE Holo Spring L3 > GEL3N > LCD-4

Jun 9, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #124,783 of 135,898
Elvis Costello - My Flame Burns Blue.png
I am familiar with The Metropole Orkest of The Netherlands; they are just
awesome. Never paid any attention to Elvis Costello ... but this album is
damn good.

Elvis Costello - The River in Reverse.png
This album is a tribute to New Orleans following the devastation caused by
hurricane Katrina.
An Allen Toussaint composition.

The only video I could find of this song ... kinda cool - pops and all.

Both albums were released in 2006. His real name is Declan MacManus.
HD800 = :)

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #124,784 of 135,898
Bravo Dick, I agree with iamIvan, very eloquent statement regarding our beloved thread, and on our little controversy. No further comment is needed. However, I've been here since 2004, and I need to express my thoughts. Though drug use and/or other forms of self-abuse are obviously not required to create great art, it is a denial of history not to acknowledge the impact of both on the creative process of many great artists; whether music, painting, sculpture, literature, dance, whatever. There is clearly an exceptional awareness, an emotional sensitivity, an emotional intensity in the soul of great artists that compels them to express themselves through their art in the first place. That awareness and sensitivity, I think, exposes them to the beauty and ugliness, the ecstasy, and pain, etc. on a deeper level than most non-artists. Many artists have obviously turned to various methods they have felt they needed "to handle the exhaustion" from the intensity of their need to communicate their perspective of the reality, of the human condition. They are human beings, ya know. We all experience this "artist's soul" thing to some degree, especially those of us that have a deep love and appreciation of art (and even those that spend more than a little time on this and similar threads.) I don't know if I am effectively expressing my point, but I have not noted anyone here glorifying or promoting drug use, or substance abuse. However, as a former history teacher, and as a lover of art in it's various forms, from time to time, drug use, substance abuse, and the intersection between art, artist, and other human frailties and social ills are going to be part of the conversation...That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it, so there! I appreciate your indulgence. I'm done now...

PS. Dick, Wish I lived in Nashville!

Indeed, right? No one did an apology to drug consumption here. To your reply, I will just point out that there are even artists that claimed they needed them to get inspired (again, none of us can change the world or the behaviour/fate of mankind outside ourselves).

P.S. Stop recommending great music. You know, I can purchase more storage but not more lives:darthsmile:.

Jun 9, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #124,785 of 135,898
Well stated, Doug. We're getting to know more about our Head-Fi mates every day ... even in addition to the great music ideas. And, I feel a closer connection to the artists than before starting in this hobby ... learning about their lives and motivations is a big part of enjoying music. I think that's why live performances usually carry more emotion than studio work even as it comes with more mistakes. :)

Speaking of music, that Sam Bush album that @emorrison33 just posted - superb! Sammy is cool. And, Molly Tuttle will IMO be the next superstar. Her recent album "Crooked Tree" is great.

Happy listening, all.

Yes! Finally someone gets it. Although I am more of a studio guy, I am fed up with even many music lovers deprecating on the sole idea of knowing deeper into e.g. a band's history.

Same:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back