What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 28, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #109,231 of 135,680

one of those moments again when I feel very lucky for discovering this one and post it here...
when kosmiche meets divine....
when ambient meets supernatural.....
two track EP transporting you completely out of this planet...
mission completed....
My heart is open again.....

Happy extended listenings..........

Nov 28, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #109,234 of 135,680
Because... his "parachute" has landed, he "sorted out" his life, and he's famously mainstream now... :p

He put out a gem of a song like "Coloratura" and I hoped the entire album will be like that, different. A new direction. But then he filled the rest of it with songs that tick every commercial box so that it will sell to a large audience.
I think Coldplay have been mainstream ever since the Mylo Xyloto era. That album was genius in my opinion,-combining rock with synth and pop, a true masterpiece. "Paradise" has over 1.3 billion views on YouTube! lol. Chris Martin is a very clever guy, he adopted the same approach as David Bowie, changing his style ever so slightly with each album release, to reflect the times, something you've got to do as an artist,- if you want to remain a success in the music industry. With that said, I have been following Coldplay ever since their first album in 99/2000, I know everything about them including their B sides, and after the release of their 2019 Everyday Life album I knew Chris had reached the point where he's ran out of ideas. I suppose it happens to even the best in the music industry, how do you repeat the successes of albums such as MyloXyloto, Ghost Stories and the A Head Full Of Dreams album (the AHFOD world tour earned Chris something like $500 million !). My personal favourite is Ghost Stories, I think that was Chris' finest moment, an album with heartfelt honest lyrics that was never meant to happen but fate had other plans, an album born from a divorce and depression. I think he knows Ghost Stories was his finest moment and realised things would be different after that album, and now he's just writing music for other people. That's what I think.

EDIT; might as well share some music since I posted. I have a busy week next week so this might be my last post for a while.

Here is my instrumental piano cover of Coldplay's "Always in my head" which is my second favourite Coldplay song from the album Ghost Stories.
<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/artist/78yKxSO9KvLW9YNq47StCE?utm_source=generator" width="100%" height="80" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen="" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; fullscreen; picture-in-picture"></iframe>

Chris Martin has undoubtedly been my biggest influence and teacher ( I used the concept of Ghost Stories when writing my own album).

Of the little euphoric reprises Coldplay have done over the years, this one's my favourite. I think Chris made half of Ghost Stories using Garage Band, I recognise allot of the sounds from that ios DAW, lol.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #109,235 of 135,680
image.jpg

Nov 28, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #109,237 of 135,680

Nov 28, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #109,242 of 135,680
1638136854641.png

While I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan, I am enjoying this album. More than anything I am love that she is rerecording her albums to gain control of the master rights. Awesomeness!!

Nov 28, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #109,245 of 135,680

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back