1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.

Discussion in 'Music' started by mbriant, Aug 16, 2007.
  1. DLeeWebb Contributor
    There are no rules other than limiting oneself to one post per day in this thread...sounds like a great idea to me...

BobG55 likes this.
  2. ALRAINBOW
    Thanks guys for me the why Matters

BobG55 and Ripper2860 like this.
  3. Allegro maestoso
    The problem with getting a recording like this is that now I want the sheet music so I can try playing it myself. This particular sheet music publisher is notorious for very high prices. Ms. Schneemann's performance of this very demanding music is outstanding.

Bozza cover.jpg

I first heard BBB at a university modern dance concert three or four years ago. LOVE this album, as well as their Nu Med.

Folder.jpg

4. George Taylor
    baltcon1.jpg changes.jpg desire-caught.jpg

Passenger11, BobG55, archdawg and 3 others like this.
  5. serman005
    IV -- Toto

6. kid vic
    One post per day is the only rule in this thread!

[​IMG]

BobG55, archdawg and HungryPanda like this.
  7. whirlwind
    119235097.jpg
    16/44 FLAC > KTE HOLO SPRING L3 > GOTL > ZMF ATTICUS

richie60, havagr8da, BobG55 and 2 others like this.
  8. Whazzzup

HungryPanda likes this.
  9. Nailzs
    One of my fave albums from 2012!

cover.jpg

10. DLeeWebb Contributor
    Bill Frisell-Folk.jpg

For pure technical electric guitar playing skill Bill Frisell is hard to beat. Tasteful and restrained, but always so melodic. Although we're talking covers here, they are covers with the trademark Bill Frisell style. My 'go to' Bill Frisell album, though I have most of his recordings and love them all for one reason or another.

Reverie_Joe Henry.png

Though the music is obviously different, I am a big Joe Henry fan for much the same reason that i like Bill Frisell. Though he is probably more well known as a producer, he has several albums that are always on heavy rotation with me. It is an easy argument as to which Joe Henry album is the best. "Tiny Voices," and "Scar" are awesomely good, but i seem to go to "Reverie" most frequently. Though I have pretty good audio eqiupment, I am not in the audiophile category of most visitors here at Head-Fi. However, to my ear, both of these albums are well recorded. In any case, they're both worth a good listen...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Passenger11, BobG55, archdawg and 3 others like this.
  11. Preachy1
    I've been a huge Steve Hackett fan since I first saw him perform with Genesis in '76, and then solo in '79. I've seen him perform nearly 50 times over the last 6 years (with 5 more shows scheduled for September!!!). This album is severely under-recognized (not friggin' underrated!!!!). Not only is he a prog genius, but his blues chops are pretty effin' amazing, both on guitar and harp. So I give you Blues With a Feeling. Try it, you'll like it!!!

blues with a feeling.jpg

12. MoreCowbell
    Me and That Man - Songs Of Love and Death

13. Juan_R
    Capture.PNG

wht and archdawg like this.
  14. FullBright1

HungryPanda likes this.
  15. Hyde8767
    folder.jpg