What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 24, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #54,575 of 134,900

Toots And The Maytals - Knock Out! (1981)

Burning Spear - Freeman (2003)

Aug 24, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #54,578 of 134,900

I was just discussing Brandi Carlile today with some people, and nobody in the group had heard of her. Since you're from NOLA and I spent the last two years in Mobile, I'm guessing "That Wasn't Me" only really had traction in the south since it has a bit of a country vibe. It's a shame, too, since she's talented enough to deserve a larger spotlight on the overall singer-songwriter pop scene.

When it came out, I received a review copy from Amazon of 'The Story'. I'd never heard of Brandi before, but I was very impressed.

Aug 24, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #54,579 of 134,900
Winston Rodney is legendary, Burning Spear - Live at Zenith Paris is one of my favourite albums. Enjoy!

I've had the distinct pleasure of seeing both Toots & The Maytals and Burning Spear live in concert on multiple occasions. Each time, it was fabulous. Toots & The Maytals and Burning Spear are two of my favorite artists of all time. I saw both of them at intimate club shows in the 1980's, so I almost feel like I know them personally. They are both purveyors of happiness and joy!

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #54,581 of 134,900
I've had the distinct pleasure of seeing both Toots & The Maytals and Burning Spear live in concert on multiple occasions. Each time, it was fabulous. Toots & The Maytals and Burning Spear are two of my favorite artists of all time. I saw both of them at intimate club shows in the 1980's, so I almost feel like I know them personally. They are both purveyors of happiness and joy!

Despite his age I believe Mr. Rodney is still performing, I had the pleasure to see him twice, it was intimate and magical - without 'additives' :) - a great and unique voice (at first you have to get accustomed to it). He has brighten up many days in my life.

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #54,583 of 134,900
Gabriel FauréSonata for Violin and Piano in E minor, Op. 108
Ariadne Daskalakis, violin
Roglit Ishay, piano

Gabriel FauréCello Sonatas-- No. 1 in D minor, Op. 109 and No. 2 in G minor, Op. 117
Peter Bruns, cello
Roglit Ishay, piano

Edward ElgarViolin Sonata in E minor, Op. 82
Jonathan Crow, violin
Paul Stewart, piano

Arnold BaxViolin Sonata No. 3 (1927)
Laurence Jackson, violin
Ashley Wass, piano

Luigi BoccheriniString Trios Op. 34-- No. 2 in G major and No. 3 in E-flat major
La Ritirata

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #54,585 of 134,900
Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back