What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 21, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #52,456 of 135,914
  Listening to this album again. The newer versions of the songs definitely has poor production, whereas the 'original' versions also in the 2nd half of the CD have better quality. I can't believe people who are in charge of music lets something like clipping happen on recordings.

Sadly in my experience clipping is very common, especially in Pop and Rock. I to have heard the differences you reference, the "original" versions are better.

May 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #52,457 of 135,914
Rock is the worst culprit, especially stuff that comes out of Punk acts that are moving into the mainstream. For some reason producers can't seem to deal with the loudness of a punk act when they fit it into a commercially viable form. If you listen to some recent albums from Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, or Against Me!, they all sound terrible in the treble region.

May 21, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #52,458 of 135,914
  Listening to this album again. The newer versions of the songs definitely has poor production, whereas the 'original' versions also in the 2nd half of the CD have better quality. I can't believe people who are in charge of music lets something like clipping happen on recordings.

I know...but what I can't believe more is how they got away with it. On the first track, the supposed "remaster" of "Love Never Felt So Good," the clap went out of sync with the etire song on the 2nd chorus. It was horrible. MJ would not like this if he were still here right now.

May 21, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #52,459 of 135,914
  I know...but what I can't believe more is how they got away with it. On the first track, the supposed "remaster" of "Love Never Felt So Good," the clap went out of sync with the etire song on the 2nd chorus. It was horrible. MJ would not like this if he were still here right now.

Guns-N-Roses "Appetite For Destruction" on better HP's sounds horrible on CD, good production and mastering is so important with the better HP's this can't be understated.

May 22, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #52,461 of 135,914
  Guns-N-Roses "Appetite For Destruction" on better HP's sounds horrible on CD, good production and mastering is so important with the better HP's this can't be understated.

+1

May 22, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #52,463 of 135,914
This.

Brilliant album by one of the most productive and quirky artists there is, William Oldham.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back