I beat the hive
I upset the swarm
Category five
I'm the center of the storm

(...)

Thirty three degree
Thirty three degree
--------------------------------
With 33degree they are referring to the highest level of freemasonry.

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #44,410 of 135,910
The Civil Wars - Self Titled

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #44,412 of 135,910
Really enjoying it.  Always been a fan of simple acoustics - combine that with an Indie-Country vocal feel, good lyrical content - and the way Joy & John Paul's voices seem to dance, wind and seamlessly blend together .... sure-fire winner.

I really hope they manage to reconcile their differences - as they really are special together.

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #44,413 of 135,910

Aug 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #44,414 of 135,910
BT - Morceau Subrosa​

This came on as the second or third track on shuffle during my walk. Usually I skip album-length tracks like this when I'm taking a stroll, favoring a larger selection of music, but this time I decided to embrace the more focused aural journey. It ended up being the first time I genuinely enjoyed the album from start to finish. The first time I heard it I didn't like it at all, and on the subsequent couple of listens I've only managed to like the first third or so. I must admit that my mind did wander during some sections of the piece, but it's not like you're actually supposed to listen to ambient music anyway; you either let it play while absorbed in thought, or drift in it with your mind clear of any conscious thought. That's how I see it anyway.

Edit
I forgot to mention that unlike most BT albums I've heard, to my ears this album sounds much better on headphones than through speakers. Sure some of the subtle panning differences are lost on cans, but my current opinion at least is that the mix works better with phones. My experience is funny enough the exact opposite with If the Stars Are Eternal So Are You and I, which although quite good on cans, absolutely shines on a good pair of speakers. It is definitely more of a speaker mix in my opinion.

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #44,415 of 135,910
Quote:
Really enjoying it.  Always been a fan of simple acoustics - combine that with an Indie-Country vocal feel, good lyrical content - and the way Joy & John Paul's voices seem to dance, wind and seamlessly blend together .... sure-fire winner.

I really hope they manage to reconcile their differences - as they really are special together.

I enjoyed it too - although I personally didn't really hear any Led Zep III in it like someone remarked a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back