What are you favorite video game of all time?
May 11, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #76 of 158
For you Fallout fans, here is a background I made a while back (ripped from the intro video).

fallout.bmp

I have not played FF 6 (online doesn't really appeal to me). I have played 2 and 5 (both Japanese version), but I didn't like 'em. 7 to me is still the best. 8 made me ill, and 9 was just "ok". Haven't had a change to play 10 because it's on PS2.

-Alex

May 11, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #77 of 158
NES
Super Tecmo Bowl
Little League Baseball
((has anyone else ever played "a boy and his blob?"))

SNES
Contra II

N64
Smash Brothers
Goldeneye

PS1/2
Tekken 3/5
Gran Turismo 2/4
Madden ... Cant believe no one else has madden up here
rolleyes.gif

PC
Counterstrike
Starcraft
tongue.gif

May 11, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #81 of 158
Zelda: A Link To The Past -> That's got the be the best game I have ever played. The one that I grew up with too
wink.gif
Music is just awesome, graphics, storyline, everything!

Final Fantasy 7 -> The _other_ one that really impressed me.. and made me stay indoor for a whole summer (I was young, I guess that's an excuse...)
wink.gif

Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time -> Simply beautiful game, awesome gameplay, storyline, music.. Still liked ALTTP better though. Blame nostalgia, I guess.
tongue.gif

Other games I really enjoyed were Final Fantasy 9 (though I never really wanted to play with it once I beat the game), Final Fantasy 8 (cool one, but not greatest one out there I guess), Zelda: The Wind Waker (really enjoyed the gameplay, but the story & everything else kinda lacked..) & I guess Zelda: Majora's Mask (I enjoyed it only because it was a Zelda game.. but TBH, it kinda sucked!).
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #83 of 158
I can't believe I forgot to add the xbox version of Ninja Gaiden.

With an amazing combat fighting system, awesome graphics, creative enviroments, superb art, breath taking cinimatics, great story, and of course NINJAS, this is of course one of the best games of all time.

I have so many hours in Ninja Gaiden it's really not funny. Beat it on Normal, Very Hard, Hurricane Pack 1 and the grueling challenge of Hurricane Pack2. When I beat Hurricane Pack 2 I actually stood up and shouted. I had 2 spectators... it was quite the moment. I've you've ever played the Hurricane Pack 2, you will understand that it will bring even the most hardcore gamer to throw controllers in frustration. After beating hurricane pack 2 my buddy and I went back and played on normal mode. We'd string together hilarious combos and never use potions. I felt like a god.

I've played all the Ninja Gaidens over the years and they all hold a special place in my gaming memories, but the xbox version took it to a new level with it's sheer, for lack of a better term, SUPEROMGHARDCORENESS.

Tecmo's Team Ninja: you are truely lords walking among nerds. I salute you.

My new revised list with genre additions:

OnlineFPS: QuakeWorld wins so hard it's not even close.
Singleplayer Action game: A Tie between Freespace 2 and Half-Life2
Flight Sim: Sturmovik Forgotton Battles
RPG: Planscape torment NO Contest
Shooter: A tie between Lifeforce (NES) Contra (NES) and Contra III (Sega) and Contra: Shattered Soldiers (PS2)
Action: Xbox Ninja Gaiden
Fighter: Killer Instinct 1
RTS: A tie between Warcraft 2 and Rome Total War

Short commentary:
Counterstrike was a good game the first few betas. In order to make it accessible to more people, they ruined it by adding dumb levels of randomness to the aiming system. It's still a fun game, but it's so bland. You counterstrike folks need a dose of Tribes1 or Quakeworld. Now that's action.

May 12, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #86 of 158
In no particular order except alphabetical--

Counter-Strike (PC)
Goldeneye (N64)
Gunstar Heroes (Gen)
Half-Life (PC) --perhaps someday I'll get a new computer which will enable me to play the sequel
Halo 1 (XB)--for the split screen action
Halo 2 (XB)--for the online action
Resident Evil 4 (GC)
StarCraft (PC)
Super Mario Brothers 3 (NES, SNES)
Super Smash Brothers (N64)--some of the best multiplayer action ever, the sequel pales in comparision when it comes to gameplay
Tony Hawk series (multi)
Yoshi's Island (SNES)

May 12, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #87 of 158
Dark Forces
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight (an MOTS)
FFIII->VII
Chrono Trigger (in the process of playing right now)
Deus Ex
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Heroes of Might & Magic III ( I have the millenium pack)

Multiplayer Sections Only:
Rune
Age of Empires

probably some others I can't remember, and I've played some weird ones like The Dig, if you remember those old Westwood goodies!
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #90 of 158
Commodore 64
Aliens - first thing is weapons id, then the drop ship. Leaving the flares when you rescue Newt and then grabbing the Alien queen with the loader claw was soo cool. Good game

Space Taxi - Hey Taxi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back