What are you asking for these holidays?
Dec 2, 2002 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Its December, so why not start off the month with a "holiday" wish list thread? (Note: I didn't say Christmas.
wink.gif
)

Anyway,

No audio related stuff for me this year. Maybe next year, but this year, I'm just asking for some electric fencing equipment. Its about time I got my own, and stopped leaching off of my club.
wink.gif
Also, perhaps santa could bring me 256 megs of Crucial pc133 ram. . . ah, and the 4 disc lord of the rings set.

Your turn!

Dec 2, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 44
well... since i'm a college student, i had to sell my vinyl sources. I'm asking for an MMF-1. I really think any turntable more expensive than that would really be pushing it. Besides... i can always get a nicer cartridge for it.

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 44
Hey, MMF-5s are pretty cheap on AudioGon...

But for me, not much, really. I think an Arcam CD23 or Creek CD53 would be a bit unreasonable, and so would one of those Relax the Back desk chairs
eek.gif
... (I won't even MENTION a certain Canadian cable company's flagship power cords...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
)

Maybe a spectrum analyzer plugin off the Bay for my Tek 'scope or a copy of Kevin Mitnick's book or something like that. And CDs, of course!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:59 AM Post #6 of 44
Before Christmas I'd like a fellow Head-Fi member who likes to listen to a lot of rock to provide a thorough review/comparison of the AT A1000 the Beyer DT770 using a maxed out META42 amp with an AD860 opamp.
smily_headphones1.gif

That way, I'll know what to get for Christmas.
smily_headphones1.gif

I guess I could buy the DT770 from Headroom (where it is expensive) and order the A1000. If I lined up a buyer for the A1000 prior to ordering it, after I got done comparing it to the DT770 I could keep whichever one I like, but that seems like an unnecessary pain in the wallet.
frown.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 6:04 AM Post #7 of 44
I want a clone.I can have all the fun and he can do all the work.

Dec 2, 2002 at 6:26 AM Post #8 of 44
Accepted into Medical School - my interview was today. Fingers crossed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 8:51 AM Post #12 of 44
its a bit ambitious but I wanna meet the girl of my dreams this holiday.... but otherwise I'd settle for a great multi-purpose coffee maker.
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 9:15 AM Post #13 of 44
All I want right now is to get this research paper due tomorrow done and over with x_x...no finals would be nice while I'm at it.

For the holidays though, I want a new PCDP, headphones, and amp, and lots of CDs...then I can sit around all day listening to my music thanking god that I have nothing to study for.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back