What are the WORST headphones for the money?
Jan 19, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #137 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say HD650 because you have to buy $1,000+ of other dedicated, HD650-synergized equipment simultaneously (which won't get along with any other equipment you might own, BTW) to get ANYTHING but super-veiled sound out of these. The pricetag on them should be $1,300+ -- that's what the true cost to own them is.

X5...Hopefully no one takes our opions personally ;-}

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #138 of 149
Since this is asking "for the money".....so far, k1000. Alright sounding for an AKG , but I wouldn't pay $1k for them.....There are many $300 headphones I like better.

*edit* And as far as Grados.....IMO, they are overpriced, but I like them for what they are (their sound signature doesn't make any pretensions and can still make even compressed rock fun)

Jan 19, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #139 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrooLism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It probably is the worst value for money. Kind of like a Rolex.
It's more a status statement than anything else.

As a watch lover, I'd argue against your statement that Rolex is bad value and just a status symbol. It is not really any worse value than many other high end watches (price/performance ratio). Technically, there are lots of things to like about Rolex (the design of their movement). Resale value is obviously a factor in any statement about value, and Rolex rates high in that regard. Yes I own one, but I also own other alternative brands (Omega, Oris, etc) also.

Jan 20, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #140 of 149
If there isn't any better headphone according to many people than the Orpheus, then how can you people that have never heard it say that they are the worst headphones for the price??
blink.gif
And as said before it is not just a headphone but a complete system.
Those statemets is like saying that expensive High End audiosystems always is wrong.

Jul 30, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #149 of 149
Did someone just necro a 2007 thread. It's been 10 years people! Leave it alone...:confounded:

I dunno guys. The headphone world has changed enormously over the past 10 years, to the point that some would consider $1000 headphones to be merely "Mid-Fi". In that respect this thread topic may be far more relevant today than it was back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back