What are the worst comparisons you've ever heard?
Sep 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

gopanthersgo1

Headphoneus Supremus
Today I was on our school bus going to a football game, and my friend asked to try on my monoprice 8320's, ho said that his 20 dollar ifrogz toxic iem's were better, because they didn't have a high pitched noise like mine did, I tried his on to see what he was talking about, and his had almost no treble and very recessed mids, and told that, he then cussed me out, what's the worst comparison you've ever heard?

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 70
this guy said to me this:
Solo > HD800

i died and told him to die when i heard that

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #5 of 70
Quote:
Solo > HD800

what happened to me when i brought my k702 to school

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #6 of 70
Beats Studio > Shure SRH-940

I just laughed and walked away

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 70
Quote:
Solo > HD800

To be honest i would say the same thing. For me to buy headphones they need a minimum bass level which the hd800 doesn't meet. I don't like the solo and they are way overpriced but they at least meet the requirement. *Puts flame suit on 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 70
>.>.....

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #11 of 70
Well, today people were comparing 2 different colored beats studios, they decided that the purple ones sound better than the blue ones, humanity has let me down.

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #13 of 70
I think your buddy is used to the iFrogz too much. When I first bought my Atrio MG7, I showed it off to my workmates who none of them is an audiophile. When I told them it costed me 600 (that's the price in my country, different currency), they said I was full of BS because the earbuds bundled with their Nokia phones sounded as good as the Atrios. I was out of words because I knew defending the Atrios was futile at that time because those are the type of people who can't understand our love for hi-fi audio. Almost everyday they told me "you're gonna destroy your eardrums by listening to your "handsfree" too much". Yep, they even called it "handsfree", not earphones. If I said IEMs, sure as hell they wouldn't understand.

Did I go a bit off-topic there?

Oct 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #14 of 70
Quote:
I think your buddy is used to the iFrogz too much. When I first bought my Atrio MG7, I showed it off to my workmates who none of them is an audiophile. When I told them it costed me 600 (that's the price in my country, different currency), they said I was full of BS because the earbuds bundled with their Nokia phones sounded as good as the Atrios. I was out of words because I knew defending the Atrios was futile at that time because those are the type of people who can't understand our love for hi-fi audio. Almost everyday they told me "you're gonna destroy your eardrums by listening to your "handsfree" too much". Yep, they even called it "handsfree", not earphones. If I said IEMs, sure as hell they wouldn't understand.

Did I go a bit off-topic there?

No, you didn't go off topic at all, that was an amazing way of explaining peoples biases, which is pretty much what this topic is for.

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #15 of 70
Quote:
No, you didn't go off topic at all, that was an amazing way of explaining peoples biases, which is pretty much what this topic is for.

Hehe, I was just letting out my frustration after being bashed so many times by people around me. I got my TDK BA200 a few weeks ago and I haven't told my friends anything about it otherwise they'd be screaming "OMG YOU'RE CRAZY!!!!!" 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back