What are the most overpriced headphone you ever bought ?
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Furieux

Head-Fier
The title says it all. I recently got a pair of AERIAL7 A-List absolute royale used (paid 100$), but they are selling at 300$ according to multiple retail website.

These cans are fancy, they look good when they are on the table but once you put them on you head you like like an idiot because they are way too big...

here's a link to the official website :

http://alist.aerial7.com/absolute/

The sound is clean but lacks clarity in the mid-high frequency. Bass response is accurate, but more oriented to DJing than audiophile. I don't like em but I wear them at home because they are comfortable. But at this price point, my AKG K702 are 100000 times better, you cant even compare... ! Even my AKG K67 that I bought for less than 100$ brand new are better.

So what is your most overpiced headphones you ever bought...

P.S.: I know there will be a lot of Beats anwer LOL :p

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 15
Went to the website...Image 2 of 4 justifies the price.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:
Do the girls come with the cans???

Girls come with cans, yes...

atsmile.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #8 of 15
200 euros for the AKG K 271 S. 100 would have been more suitable.

As far as the woman on that website goes, I'd ask her to put less money into make-up and more into clothes that don't ride up the cracks. Not interested in the cans either.

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #9 of 15
In my opinion, Marshall's Major are overpriced.

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
http://alist.aerial7.com/absolute/

Holy hell those look like hot garbage. 

Most overpriced equipment I ever bought were probably uhhh... nothing comes to mind, I'm very choosy with audio equipment. Maybe Grado SR225i, still a decent value though.

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #11 of 15
for me it's easy.  Grado R1.  It's not that they are terrible, but of the open back headphones I use at home, they were the most expensive, and the ones I use the least.  I most likely would have been just as happy with something like the 325 at a lower price.  In fact sometimes I wonder if I could really tell the difference. 

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #15 of 15
My cellphone (HTC Sensation XL) came with Beats Solo included in the price and I was intrigued about the sound and the looks. To give you guys an idea of my experience, I had to send them back 4 times to repair (they always changed the pair) due to channel imbalance and distortion. Not to mention driver flex with an awful sound and because I bought a cellphone and not a pair of headphones (they were an accessory after all), I wasn't able to return them. I sold them a few month ago. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back