What are the most comfortable cans for extended listening sessions?
Sep 26, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #46 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneymjones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the DT880s and I agree that they are incredibly comfortable. My office is kinda noisy, so I really need to use cans that provide some isolation. Based on everything I've read, it seems that Denon D2000's are going to be my answer.

I really appreciate everyone sharing their opinions!

yes, the d2k's do provide decent isolation, for the first time in quite a while i had to endure the clack-clack of my keyboard as i busted out some work, while enjoying some trance on my new grado's....i missed the isolation, lol

one thing to note on the d2k's, while they're "easy" to drive, the upgrade to an amp will improve quality quite a bit, i dont remember if you listed having an amp or not, i'd entirely consider the purchase if you dont though

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #48 of 72
My vote would be for a well-broken-in pair of SR60s. I'm reluctant to succumb to upgradeitis given how much I like both their sound and their comfort.

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #50 of 72
my dt-880 are extremely comfortable. Originally when I got them, I thought my AD700 were more comfortable, but that has quickly changed in the last week or so that i've had the 880s in use.

no senn HD280 votes? :p

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #51 of 72
PX-100 are like not wearing anything at all and probably sound as good as cans twice the price. My ATH-700's get warm after extended periods, but not too warm. My SR80's are the least comfortable with the foam being a little coarse but still not bad for long sessions.

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #53 of 72
I just bought a Little Dot Micro+ portable amp to take to work. I've read that it's simply s so/so amp...I've gotta say, I'm blown away by what a difference it makes. My DT990's never sounded so good!! I can't wait get a better amp for home use to see what a "good one" can do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, the d2k's do provide decent isolation, for the first time in quite a while i had to endure the clack-clack of my keyboard as i busted out some work, while enjoying some trance on my new grado's....i missed the isolation, lol

one thing to note on the d2k's, while they're "easy" to drive, the upgrade to an amp will improve quality quite a bit, i dont remember if you listed having an amp or not, i'd entirely consider the purchase if you dont though

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #54 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave650 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How come noone has mentioned senn 650s?

They certainly good comfort wise, but the 880s and D2000s are a lot more comfy, they have basically feel like they have no clamping force when compared to the HD6x0 cans.

Sep 27, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #55 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneymjones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a Little Dot Micro+ portable amp to take to work. I've read that it's simply s so/so amp...I've gotta say, I'm blown away by what a difference it makes. My DT990's never sounded so good!! I can't wait get a better amp for home use to see what a "good one" can do.

I got one too, and you are right, lots of power, little price. And the battery lasts FOREVER before needing a charge.
darthsmile.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #57 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They certainly good comfort wise, but the 880s and D2000s are a lot more comfy, they have basically feel like they have no clamping force when compared to the HD6x0 cans.

If they have less clamping force then they will have a sloppy fit for people with smaller heads. If they are tight then pull them apart people time after time until the clapping force is comfortable for your head people!
rolleyes.gif
I also hereby nominate the 650s as the most comfortable headphones.

Sep 27, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #58 of 72
For me comfort is as important as sound quality because I will not keep a superb sounding phone if it's uncomfortable. That being said I think the Yuin PK1, DT880, Sony MDR-F1, AT AD700, Grado SR325i with bagel pads and the K501 with K701 pads are very comfortable phones. The Ety 4P with bluebells (?) is very comfortable too and I never thought I'd be able to say that. On the other hand the Stax Lambda Pro makes my ears sweat and the HD600 never lets me forget my head's in the Sennheiser clamp.

Sep 27, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #60 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like a little bit of clamp in my headphones

Yeah, me too. That's the reason I find my pl750's more comfortable than my ad900's. Maybe we are just weird.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back