What are the best tips for Denon C700/751s?
Oct 12, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #49 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by a-dogg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they're not uncomfortable? i thought i'd read that somewhere.

They're very comfortable. I dunno where the hell you read that. Maybe that person didn't like the seal of them. They're designed to seal the ear canal as much as possible reducing outside noise. Once you get used to it, it's fine.

781px-Foam_in_Ear.JPG

I'd recommend the Comply tips over the Shure Olives because of the fact that you have to mod the Olives to fit the C700's while the Comply tips fit right on it as it's (the T400 version) designed for it.

I bought mine from EarplugSuperStore with no problems.

Direct Link: Comply® Foam Tips For Isolation Earphones - Earphone Accessories

Oct 12, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #51 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by a-dogg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sweet. u have any experience with the sony EX tips?

Yes, I had them before the Complys. They're far better than the default Denons but they're not as isolating as the Comply.

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #53 of 59
Hi, I've ordered a pair of C751 and am on the lookout for replacement tips.
Read already quite some posts about it and have narrowed the choices to the shure olives and sony ex.
Question is: how do the small shure olives compare sizewise against the small tips that come along the sennheiser CX300, which I currently use and do fit well? Shoul I order small or medium?
Given I'm in Brasil, I'll have to buy from abroad, so I gotta get it right first time...won't be able to return them!
Appreciate your input!

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #56 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trance_Kaneda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, now that I listen closer I notice the left and right sides don't appear to be equal. This is barely noticeable. Is it normal for there to be occasional and small differences in volume on IEM driver's? I bought the MylarOne X3i and it had the same problem except on a more noticeable degree and the right side was softer. I got a replacement a month or so later because of wires becoming exposed and the replacement was similar except it was the left side that was softer and isn't as noticeable. Now I get these and it's like my newer pare of X3is (which have gotten worse since and now the RIGHT side is softer...) but it is a lot less noticeable. I realize that the X3is have QQ problems but three time in a role and I still get imbalanced channels with IEMs? Either I'm having bad luck or this is rather normal and I'm just picking at something small and have overly observant ears...

I was thinking it could be a bad filter but I've only gotten these IEMs in the past few days and the filters look perfectly clean. I also put the left side in my right ear and the right side in my left ear to see if it was my hearing that was imbalanced but it appears the same. I can't get them replaced with Denon since I bought them in the US and ANTOnline isn't an official Denon retailer in the US. I suppose I could try to get them replaced with ANTOnline themselves if they don't balance out with more burn-in or I could try to live with it.

Thanks for any help.
frown.gif

A bit of bumpage AND off topic - apologies.

I have the same problem with my C751s - there is a subtle lack of bass on my right side. I only really noticed it whilst at the gym and realised that the soundstage seemed too far to the left.

Now it's bugging the hell out of me.

I've emailed Denon to see what they say. It strikes me as a fault but there might be some other reason why the imbalance exists...

Back on topic - I've emailed some comply T-400s to fit these. I'm curious as to what effects they'll have on a set of headphones already bass heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back