What are the best tips for Denon C700/751s?
Sep 23, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #31 of 59
They came in the mail today and I already think they sound better than my old MylarOne X3i earphones. Isn't the recommended burn in time around 15-20 hours? Unfortunately, I noticed that the black tips with it aren't anything special so I have put my MylarOne medium tips on it and it improved the fit somewhat. I'll order those Sony tips later this week. Best thing of all is that the left and right side's volume is actually equal unlike my old X3is...

Sep 25, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #33 of 59
20 - 25 hours should settle them in.

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #34 of 59
Well, now that I listen closer I notice the left and right sides don't appear to be equal. This is barely noticeable. Is it normal for there to be occasional and small differences in volume on IEM driver's? I bought the MylarOne X3i and it had the same problem except on a more noticeable degree and the right side was softer. I got a replacement a month or so later because of wires becoming exposed and the replacement was similar except it was the left side that was softer and isn't as noticeable. Now I get these and it's like my newer pare of X3is (which have gotten worse since and now the RIGHT side is softer...) but it is a lot less noticeable. I realize that the X3is have QQ problems but three time in a role and I still get imbalanced channels with IEMs? Either I'm having bad luck or this is rather normal and I'm just picking at something small and have overly observant ears...

I was thinking it could be a bad filter but I've only gotten these IEMs in the past few days and the filters look perfectly clean. I also put the left side in my right ear and the right side in my left ear to see if it was my hearing that was imbalanced but it appears the same. I can't get them replaced with Denon since I bought them in the US and ANTOnline isn't an official Denon retailer in the US. I suppose I could try to get them replaced with ANTOnline themselves if they don't balance out with more burn-in or I could try to live with it.

Thanks for any help.
frown.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #35 of 59
I wonder if the RE1 biflanges fit on the Denon earphones? The included tips are absolute fail.

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #37 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trance_Kaneda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, about ten more hours of burn in and they're still the same. I've been using mono files by the way.

Oh come on. Test them out properly!
It's like testing out your Ferrari in 2nd gear and then complaining it goes too slow....

Sep 28, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #38 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh come on. Test them out properly!
It's like testing out your Ferrari in 2nd gear and then complaining it goes too slow....

I tried them out in mono to test the volume of each side and they're still off a little. I don't listen to music in mono all the time. I ASSUME I would be using mono files to test the balance of each side, right?

Sep 28, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #39 of 59
Oct 9, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #41 of 59
I got a chance to try the Ultimate Ear tips and they provided a great and tight seal but they would make my ears feel sore after wearing them for so long. How are the Sony EX tips compared to the Ultimate Ear tips? Are they as rough?

Oct 11, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #44 of 59
The c700 are the same as the 751's but less accessories.

The c551's have about 4 dB more bass reproduction but lacks details like in the C700/C751's. The C751's have very good details in the highs, which isn't as present in the C551's. The C700/751's are a more all-round canalphone. Both have the same great bass reproduction but the c551's just has a bit mroe in quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back