What are the best tips for Denon C700/751s?
Sep 11, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #16 of 59
I'll look at those. Thanks again everybody. This is a little off topic but are the C751s on Amazon legitimate? $90-$100 seems very good considering I see them for around $130-$200 most of the time. They appear to be reliable sellers.

Sep 11, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #17 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trance_Kaneda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll look at those. Thanks again everybody. This is a little off topic but are the C751s on Amazon legitimate? $90-$100 seems very good considering I see them for around $130-$200 most of the time. They appears to be reliable sellers.

If you want real ones at the lowest price possible, here's where you get them:

ANTOnline.com - Denon AHC751K Denon AHC751K In-ear Headphones (Black)

Sep 11, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

I'll look at those. Thanks again everybody. This is a little off topic but are the C751s on Amazon legitimate? $90-$100 seems very good considering I see them for around $130-$200 most of the time. They appear to be reliable sellers.

i got mine at buy.com for $99 (shipping was free) and they were legit. I saw the seller on Amazon, and I generally don't like to buy from Amazon unless the item is sold by amazon.

Also, I went for free shipping on Buy.com and they sent them to me fedex ground for free.

There should be some buy.com coupons out there as well.

Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif
Let us know how u like them.

Sep 11, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #20 of 59
I'm getting the T400 Comply tips for my c700 as sure, the Sony EX tips are far better than the default Denon ones and does increase the isolation but still not enough for my liking.

lol@ 'ChineseWiki'.

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #21 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting the T400 Comply tips for my c700 as sure, the Sony EX tips are far better than the default Denon ones and does increase the isolation but still not enough for my liking.

lol@ 'ChineseWiki'.

let me know how you like the complys compared to the sonys. i was thinking of going with the sonys because i don't like to compress the complys all the time.

Also, the complys aren't known for durability. I'm still going to do the dremel surgery on the shure black foamies
smily_headphones1.gif
those eartips were the only think i liked about the se210

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #22 of 59
Well, I ordered the earphones last Friday from ANTOnline and still haven't got them. I know they shipped and I've been tracking them but it's been saying it left their PA processing facility since the 17th. I don't know how the shipping process works but the item went from NJ to GA and after that to PA and hasn't said anything in the tracking info since. The odd thing is that NJ and PA are right next to each other and Georgia was closer to where I live. Like I said, I don't understand the shipping process but is this normal? It shipped by UPS in conjunction with the USPS or something like that so I would assume it's in the USPS hands right now.

EDIT: About two hours after I posted this the tracking updated so ignore this message.

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #23 of 59
Quote:

lol@ 'ChineseWiki'.

In your experience did it not only isolate better but make it actually sound better?

Sep 21, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #24 of 59
My c751 came with the larger tips on but these were very uncomfortable. So, I did research and ended up ordering the t400 from Comply. I got impatient since there was a shipping address mix up and the complys delivery was delayed. I then remembered that the C751s came with some smaller tips which proved to be much more comfortable. If I had tried these first I might not have bothered with Complys.

BTW, other than comfort is there a sonic benefit for changing to tips such as the T400?

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #26 of 59
Quote:

I just need to make sure here. The T400 are foam tips, right? Would they require occasional replacing like other foam tips?

i got the shure olives to fit on the Denon's. The shure's are way better than the t400 complys (I used those before switching to the shures).

Getting the shures on does take some doing, but it's well worth it. Let me know if you want to know how to do it...

Sep 22, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #28 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got the shure olives to fit on the Denon's. The shure's are way better than the t400 complys (I used those before switching to the shures).

Getting the shures on does take some doing, but it's well worth it. Let me know if you want to know how to do it...

mmm..interesting, looks like a good price for them too.
What model of the Black Shure tips should I get for my Denon c700's?

Looking at discountheadphones.com atm and their prices = good!

Sep 22, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #29 of 59
Quote:

In your experience did it not only isolate better but make it actually sound better?

You could hear the higher frequencies more (due to the isolation) but in fact, I've noticed a slight (not much) sibilance that comes with them.

Sep 22, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #30 of 59
Quote:

mmm..interesting, looks like a good price for them too.
What model of the Black Shure tips should I get for my Denon c700's?

Looking at discountheadphones.com atm and their prices = good!

I got the Shure PA910M. They have Shure PA910L and Shure PA910S (i.e. large and small respectively).

I bought mine on amazon, but they're not there atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back