What are the best speakers in the world?
Sep 5, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #121 of 126
I have not listened to the any of the speakers that cost as much as a house, so I doubt I have listen to the best speakers in the world. Then again, my hearing isn't perfect... so wonder if I could tell the different between a worlds best, and merely amazingly good.  The best speakers I have listened to that are still in production are the Aerial Acoustics 20T.  The 20T (as well as the earlier 10T) were a big surprise to me... I typically favor ribbon or electrostatic speakers to dynamic, but I liked these speakers as much (or more) than panel speakers I had listened to  which included several models from Apogee, ML, SoundLab, etc.

As others have pointed out.. prep of the room and having the right equipment to drive the speakers can make a huge different.  At some point people might benefit from a house remodel more than a better speaker.

--Mark

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #122 of 126
I bet many of us own speakers that cost more than houses in some Detroit neighborhoods

Sep 8, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #126 of 126
Quote:
The ones with the woofers on the slanted panels to the side of the main (front) panel? If so, seriously nice, still holds up to current SOTA stuff well. I regret getting rid of mine.

Rob

Yeah, those. I painted mine in a dark military green to fit my room better. They look kind of plain, but they are seriously amazing speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back