What are the best portable closed-back over-ears on the market?
Dec 8, 2018 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MasterKuni

New Head-Fier
As the title says, I'm looking for a pair of portable over-ears with reasonably good isolation that I can use while commuting and at work. Price isn't a serious concern, since it seems like there aren't any summit-fi phones in this category anyways. Until recently, I think the Oppo PM-3 would've fit the bill, but their non user-replaceable earpads combined with winding down production is concerning enough for me not to consider them. What other options are out there?

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 7
My first thought was the Campfire Cascade.

Dec 8, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #3 of 7
As the title says, I'm looking for a pair of portable over-ears with reasonably good isolation that I can use while commuting and at work. Price isn't a serious concern, since it seems like there aren't any summit-fi phones in this category anyways. Until recently, I think the Oppo PM-3 would've fit the bill, but their non user-replaceable earpads combined with winding down production is concerning enough for me not to consider them. What other options are out there?
Not sure they offer the best isolation, but check out the Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 & ATH-WS99.

Dec 9, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #4 of 7
Best is subjective, and can only be advised based off what you want from a headphone. I can say X headphone sounds the best, and shortly after, someone will come along and say bologna.

Dec 10, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 7
Audio Technica M40X is hard to beat on a dollar : performance ratio...

The ATH MSR7 is a very, very nice headphone also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back