What are the best headphones for r&b???
May 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PatriotsFan

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody I know little about headphones so I came here wondering what headphones should I get for r&b?

My limit is $400. I want some headphones with great bass and great sound! It's not that important but I would like for other people around me to not hear my music because I tend to have my music loud. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I used to have the beats by dre pros, they were real and I got them for $170. They were exactly what I wanted because they looked good, got loud, others could hardly hear my music, great detail, and great bass. And they didn't even need a amplifier. But seeing as how everybody talks so bad about beats I wanted to know if there's headphones better. So please give me some ideas and tell me why you suggested them. Thanks a lot guys!

May 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 4
The ath ws99 and b&h bk amp. The ws99 is my absolute favorite for R&B. if your spending $400, your options could include He400 and fidelio x1 (have neither). Ws99 is awesome though.

What type of R&B do you listen to? Artist?

May 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 4
[quote name="PatriotsFan" url="/t/663401/what-are-the-best-headphones-for-r-b#post_9426008"
I used to have the beats by dre pros, they were real and I got them for $170. They were exactly what I wanted because they looked good, got loud, others could hardly hear my music, great detail, and great bass. And they didn't even need a amplifier. But seeing as how everybody talks so bad about beats I wanted to know if there's headphones better. So please give me some ideas and tell me why you suggested them. Thanks a lot guys![/quote]

You're in for a positive surprise. At first you might be like: hmmmm. But then you will be like: Ohhhhh niiiice :)

Go listen to some Beyers. For 150 buck you can get the 770 which does a decent job of things! Just don't listen to the T5p. You will want to spend the money. :p

A nice amp and some high ohm closed headphones really makes RnB shine. I would go closed cans most of the time. I like the added bass.

May 11, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 4
I would suggest the Beyerdynamic dt880 and Sennheiser HD650.  I haven't heard the Beyers but I know they are well regarded around here and have great bass extension.  I own the Senns and they are great with R&B and vocals in general.  The Beyers are a bit cheaper and since amping is highly recommended for both headphones, it'd be good to fit that into your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back