What are the BEST HEADPHONES for DANCE/ELECTRONICA
Jul 1, 2001 at 1:29 PM Post #91 of 95
For a while this thread was beginning to look like a thread on HeadWize in which the user "mariowar" wanted big, boomy, incredible bass!
eek.gif
mad.gif
redface.gif

Sorry, Paradigm, but it sounds like you may be a "duh-m-bass"!
eek.gif
But congratulations on your purchase of the "classic" Sony MDR-V6's. Hope the cans arrive soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Duncan: Sure, those older players do sound better than most of the new players, but Gluegun has it right on the money as far as the correlation between added features, higher cost and degraded sound quality. And though none of the current Sony CD Walkman players sound as good as some of the older Sony Discman players, my vote for the best model of the current Sony line is the middle-of-the-line D-EJ721 - the cheapest model that has an optical digital output. I did try a D-EJ621 (with no digital output), but found bugs in its headphone amp (it often cuts off the first beat of many tracks on many CDs).
eek.gif
And anything higher than D-EJ725 (basically a 721 with a non-LCD remote) will be pretty crappy for the price that you pay for it.
frown.gif

Jul 1, 2001 at 3:22 PM Post #92 of 95
Ugh, I remember watching that thread. It basically came down to him saying, "Hey guys, I want something w/ great bass and I'm looking at these (Grados, I think). What do you recommend (but I'm ignoring any suggestions that aren't what I came up w/ in the first place)?", and everybody else not knowing why he ignored every other suggestion. Fortunately, mariowar got some good headphones and everybody made peace. Hopefully, this will also have a happy ending.

Jul 1, 2001 at 7:16 PM Post #93 of 95
Quote:

What do you recommend (but I'm ignoring any suggestions that aren't what I came up w/ in the first place)?", and everybody else not knowing why he ignored every other suggestion.

Harsh words my friend, to bad it's all ********

LET ME MAKE MYSELF VERY CLEAR, i have heard everyone sugesstion here, and taken it into consideration. Heck dind't I get the SONY V6. Shesh...

Also GLUE I have heard the Etymotic before, I felt that they were not not worth the money, I was not to happy with the sound, alouth it was pretty good.

031001a5.jpg

Jul 1, 2001 at 7:23 PM Post #95 of 95
Paradigm,

It appears to me you're well on your way to making a decision, and it appears to me you've made one regarding the MDR-V6.

This thread is quite long, so I'm going to lock it up.

If there are any objections, or if you think there's still more in this thread to flesh out, then PM me.

-- Jude --

Users who are viewing this thread

Back