What are the best eartips for sm3?
Jun 27, 2010 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Rawratchu

New Head-Fier
Iv been thinking about getting the sm3's but im worried that i wont get the most out of the iem with the eartips they supply. What would be the most comfortable and produce the best sound quality without buying customs?

Jun 27, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 22
silicon double flange work for me ,and give superb  sound from the SM3 
popcorn.gif

Jun 27, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #9 of 22

Quote:
i see o.o, i thought they only come with comply tips o.o

That's only the new batches mate, although you can order them from the Earsonics website, although the postage they charge pretty much rules that out, they wanted €30 to deliver them to England.  I've heard Handheld Audio may be stocking them in the near future, with a decent postage rate I hope.

Jun 27, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #12 of 22
The stock double silicones that ship with the new reshelled SM3s are perfect to my ears.

Jun 27, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #13 of 22
For me, the Shure triple flanges are perfect. I don't have the new b-flange silicones that Earsonics is shipping. Maybe I should ask for a pair. But the Shures or the Monster triples (Comply core required as adapter) are both very good.

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #14 of 22
I'm having great success with JAYS single flange silicones. They fit the stem perfectly, and create a very solid seal. They also provide a more open, spacious sound than any other universal tip I've tried on them, I think because of their slightly larger opening. Shure black foam 'olives' are also quite good on them. So, you do have options... basically try anything which fits the skinny nozzle IEMs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back