What are SR200s worth these days?
Aug 2, 2009 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Gopher

Member of the Trade: LampizatOr Audio
I have a pair of Grado SR-200s I am not using and wondered what they are worth these days. I know most of Joe Grado's HP1000 series phones are worth their weight in gold and I'm wondering what the market value is for his SR200s in good condition.

Aug 2, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 14
I'm old school here, but have been out of the game for a minute...

IIRC weren't the drivers in all SR200s the same as the HP1000s just not as carefully matched?

If my understanding is wrong, how can I tell?

Aug 2, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gopher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm old school here, but have been out of the game for a minute...

IIRC weren't the drivers in all SR200s the same as the HP1000s just not as carefully matched?

only some had the hp1000 drivers...i believe they're pink-colored (when looking through the grills). these do indeed go for a hefty sum around here. i sold a pair of non-hp1000 sr200 about 4 years ago for around $300. these probably go for a bit more these days...

Aug 2, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gopher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, dealers such as Audio Advisor advertised the SR100 and SR200 as having similar driver technology as the Signature (HP1000) series but in less exotic housings. SR200 drivers were matched closer than those in the SR100.

Quote:

If you look through the rear screen, the back of the drivers should have a white outside rim and a black center with a hole. If you shine a light on the back, you should also see a thin copper-like circle partway into the back circle area.

Aug 3, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #8 of 14
They're not worth anything really, no one seems to like the old Joe Grado sound. You should just send them my way, and I'll force myself to listen to them every once in a while just to keep the drivers loose
tongue.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will say that the OP of that thread is awesome
biggrin.gif

Meh. Big Dungen fan, that dude.

(Seriously, reading that thread, I was amazed at how chummy you all seemed back then. I feel like I (and a thousand others) have crashed a private club.)

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will say that the OP of that thread is awesome
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Didn't I buy the HP2's you were talking about in that thread? Or were they the ones you sold before the Joe bug bit you again?

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #14 of 14
I know someone who has some SR-200's. I'm gonna try and get him to sell them to me. Hopefully it'll have the HP-1000 drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back