What are some classes universites are starting to require you take in high-school if you want to be accepted by them
Sep 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 9
For most universities it is less about GPA and more about how your score on the ACT and most importantly the SAT exams.  Larger private schools will tend to require community service and language requirements to better round off any weak points a student may have.

I would recommend higher mathematics and writing skills are a must for success in most programs.

Sep 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
For most universities it is less about GPA and more about how your score on the ACT and most importantly the SAT exams.  Larger private schools will tend to require community service and language requirements to better round off any weak points a student may have.

I would recommend higher mathematics and writing skills are a must for success in most programs.

Thank you. Now I have a much better idea of what I need to do so that I will be more likely to be accepted by whatever university (or universities) I apply for.

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
Definitely more math, specially Calculus, and Physics.

I told my school counselor that I wanted to take Calculus a while back and he started rattling off class after class after class that was in between the last math class I passed which is Geometry (I goofed off Freshman and Sophomore year and now I've fallen behind where I should be) and Calculus. I still want to take Calculus nevertheless but I'm just going to have to go through several classes before I get there and I might not have the time to pass all of those classes and then take Calculus as I'm a senior now. I'm going to try and graduate on time so if I've passed everything that I'm required to pass in order to graduate by the end of the year and I haven't taken Calculus yet I'm just going to have to graduate without having taken the class.

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 9
If you can take AB calculus(CALC I & CALC II) and any other AP science courses you can save almost a grand if the university is willing to give you credit for those courses so you don't have to retake them during 1st year. Not only that, you will be more prepared and can give more attention to other courses that you haven't seen before...assuming you are heading into engineering though, its just advice.

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 9
  If you can take AB calculus(CALC I & CALC II) and any other AP science courses you can save almost a grand if the university is willing to give you credit for those courses so you don't have to retake them during 1st year. Not only that, you will be more prepared and can give more attention to other courses that you haven't seen before...assuming you are heading into engineering though, its just advice.

Ooh, that is very nice. And yes, I am heading into engineering. Acoustical engineering to be precise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back