What are some 'audiophile' quality TWS earbuds?
Nov 20, 2021 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Thenewbie76

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for good-sounding TWS earbuds, it is near black Friday and some deals have appeared. Mainly ones that feel solid, premium, and just have a good sound.
My current TWS buds are the Tronsmart Apollo Bold, they sound good (I think) but the build quality feels like cheap plastic. Which I was expecting as it is on the cheaper side. But I think I can find a better-sounding headphone.

I was looking at the Sony WF-1000xm4, but was wondering what other TWS earbuds are there? I'm looking for TWS buds just to use outside like while grocery shopping or in the library and for workout use (in the gym + some running). I already have dedicated headphones for at-home/critical listening.

Thanks

Nov 20, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 8
I'm very impressed with the Tronsmart Onyx Prime. Dynamic Driver + Balanced Armature. Good battery life, excellent sound quality (adjustable EQ via app), re-configurable touch controls and nice amount of volume. Definitely better than the Apollo Bold in my opinion. I also rate the Sony WF1000XM3 (not tried the 4) - really nice sound quality with excellent ANC.

Hope this helps.

Nov 20, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #3 of 8
Jabra Elite 75t are pretty good, I bought a pair for the missus. Every time I need to help out with some tech support, I feel like walking away with them for a while...

Nov 21, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #5 of 8
If you really want a good pair of TWS, then buy a TWS adaptor for your IEM's :) trust me, you will thank me for it after.

Something like a Fiio UTSW3.

Pair that even with Fiio FH3, - and you will blow any Sony, apple, bosse, or what ever out of the water :wink: . Hell, even Tin T2 will simply rock.

(Now you know what is on my x-mess list)

Dec 9, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #7 of 8
I'm looking for good-sounding TWS earbuds, it is near black Friday and some deals have appeared. Mainly ones that feel solid, premium, and just have a good sound.
My current TWS buds are the Tronsmart Apollo Bold, they sound good (I think) but the build quality feels like cheap plastic. Which I was expecting as it is on the cheaper side. But I think I can find a better-sounding headphone.

I was looking at the Sony WF-1000xm4, but was wondering what other TWS earbuds are there? I'm looking for TWS buds just to use outside like while grocery shopping or in the library and for workout use (in the gym + some running). I already have dedicated headphones for at-home/critical listening.

Thanks
I have the Sony WF-1000XM3 and XM4 and the Airpods Pro. The Sony XM4s are the best of the bunch. But, they still aren't that great. I still prefer to go wired when I am walking.

Dec 9, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #8 of 8
Went through a few of these recently. The only ones that came up to the mark were the Beyerdynamic Xelento. Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 would be a second choice, but as @HiFiHawaii808 indicates above, compared to wired IEMs, they all sound a bit tepid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back