What are people doing for New Year's Eve?
Oct 14, 2004 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
I know it's a bit early, but the winter holidays come & go so quickly that I am sure that New Year's Eve will be upon us before we know it. Unfortunately for me, New Year's is typically a crappy holiday. I can't honestly say I've ever had a great New Year's Eve, oh...ever
frown.gif
. Not totally sure why. Oh yeah, I go to parties and stuff, but I almost always seem to feel generally melancholy, and/or not be with the person I want to be with, regardless of who else is around me at the time. I'm sure that regular winter/post-holiday depression plays a part in that.

Anyway, what do you all plan to do to celebrate New Year's Eve this year?

Oct 14, 2004 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 17
Well I believe our entire office has this New Year's Eve off so I think what my initial plans will be for that day is to relax and get ready for our annual New Years Eve family gathering that evening. My parents and relatives always whip up a big feast this time of the year and it's the one time where all of our family member near or far are able to get together. After that I'll be off celebrating at other parties with close friends to bring in the New Years.

Oct 14, 2004 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 17
I proposed to my wife on New Years Eve.
smily_headphones1.gif

Going to have a small party with a few friends this year probably. Not really anything planned yet.

I did spend New Years Eve in Las Vegas before. It sucked. Just a huge crowd of people. No clock, no countdown, no fireworks. Just a sea of drunken people and police in riot gear.

-Ed

Oct 14, 2004 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 17
Well, I plan to go to India with my girlfriend and spend New Year's Eve at Agra (that's where the Taj Mahal is). Watching fireworks with the Taj Mahal in the background ... hope it would be romantic.
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 17
Crotch hobbleing the other sex.
biggrin.gif
icon10.gif
biggrin.gif
icon10.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #8 of 17
Well, I'm going back to Ontario for the Christmas holidays. My girlfriend is also going back to Ontario, however our holiday times are a bit offset. I end up having 30th-2nd in Ontario without her. In all liklihood I'll hit up a house party with some buddies. I'm hoping my buddy Steve will actually have a party going on. If so, it'll be a great night. The slight problem with this otherwise awesome situation is the fact that his sister is my ex, and we dated seriously for quite some time. I hope I do not encounter her whatsoever while I'm back at the old haunt.
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #11 of 17
I've planned a sky dive off the empire state building followed by a supersonic flight back to the UK where I willl attempt a worlds first ski dive down the north face of ben nevis..........

Oct 14, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #12 of 17
I'm going to stay home and cuddle with my McEwens Scotch Ale.
tongue.gif

Oct 15, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Anyway, what do you all plan to do to celebrate New Year's Eve this year?

Probably listen to my HP rig in front of my computer and cruise Head-Fi.

Oct 15, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #14 of 17
With a very large amount of luck, I'll be back in Nebraska, partying with friends. I seriously doubt this is going to happen, though, so I'll do my usual; sit in front of the computer and vegetate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back