what are other people wearing?
Oct 20, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #31 of 42
i went to a friends house, and he pulled out his qc2 expecting me to glare in disbelief. Look what i just bought he said, i just giggled in my head and said cool cool, wna see my new grados. What kind of crap is grado? People just dont know, if we were to hack tv then maybe they would listen.

Oct 20, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #32 of 42
Found myself flying a lot the past 6 months (domestic USA), what I found interesting walking through first class and coach, in the first class cabin, they all whip out their Bose QC's and in coach, besides the numerous iPod buds, I've seen a lot of Shures (E2's,3's), a few UE's, and a few Ety's. Guess the coach folks know how to cancel noise.
etysmile.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #33 of 42
Here's what I see around campus:

Tons and tons and tons of Sony streetstyles, clip-ons and iBuds
Sony eggos on the DJs
Occassional Bose triports amongst the pretentious rich kids
rolleyes.gif

Koss UR-20/UR-15/UR-29 sealed cans and Audio-Technica ATH-P1 at the college media studio
Sony MDR V150/V250/etc for those doing audio editing or production work
Some shure, etymotic, and sony mdr-ex81 in-ear phones among the international students, particularly from east Asia.
Quite a few people with Sennheiser HD 457/477 or 212 or 202 or PX 100 - these are the ones who come closest to being audiophiles, and are actually serious about music.

I've given up on wearing headphones outside. The Etys are too isolating and therefore dangerous, my HD-497 looks weird, and I would never take my HD-600 outside. Now waiting for Amazon to ship me some Koss KSC-75s, maybe that'll be my solution for outside headphones.

Oct 20, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Echopac
Found myself flying a lot the past 6 months (domestic USA), what I found interesting walking through first class and coach, in the first class cabin, they all whip out their Bose QC's and in coach, besides the numerous iPod buds, I've seen a lot of Shures (E2's,3's), a few UE's, and a few Ety's. Guess the coach folks know how to cancel noise.
etysmile.gif

Well, it's either that the coach folks NEED to know how to cancel noise (given the baby whining and general nonsense in coach class) or that they are so broke from buying good IEMs that they can't afford to fly first class...
etysmile.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #35 of 42
Toronto is a pretty progressive place regarding headphones. I see Grados, Sennheisers, Sony DJs, Technics, and the Koss Portapro on a fairly regular basis downtown. And me with my MS-1
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #36 of 42
a girl in one of my engineering labs was wearing a senn px-100 or 200
tongue.gif
around campus I've seen a few px 100's. On the bus I have seen one guy with triports, giving his girlfriend the whole rundown of how much better the sound was. At least he had the right idea. Another time on the subway there was a blind woman with portapros.

Oct 21, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #37 of 42
I'm wearing only tube socks right now.

Well...wait...what's this thread about?

Oct 21, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #38 of 42
I go to college at University of Wisconsin and all I see everywhere are iBuds. I have seen a few AT's unknown model and I saw one guy with the Senn HD 467. Some dude I see usually walking out of Philo class has some huuuge sony's, I don't know what they are though.
The othe day though, I saw a guy putting some sort of IEM's in, so I stopped him. To me they looked exactly like the E5c, but then I busted out my E4c's and he said "Wow those are the Shures? I wouldn't spend THAT much money on headphones". So yeah hmm, I wonder what he was wearing if they looked like the E5's but were not the E5's

Oct 21, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
I have been wishing to see someone with a UE 10 pro walking on the street.

Been there, done that. Saw a guy in NYC taking off UE10's. Asked about it, turned out he was a musician and knew nothing about head-fi.

Around campus, the only semi high-end sighting was a girl wearing E3c's. And of course, there's that dude wearing UM2's all the time. Oh wait, that's me. Hmmmm...

Oct 21, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #40 of 42
In NYC, if I saw 200 people listening to music portably, I would say 150 were using iPod buds, 45 were mixed sony buds, cheap a** coby's, please excuse the mension of that brand, and I saw 3 Ety 6i's, 1 HD600, and a pair of bose. Believe me, I'm not kidding!!!
etysmile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #41 of 42
Around I see..
about 3 pairs of e2c's (I got 2 of the people to buy them)
1 pair of SR-60's
More ipod earbuds than I could shake a headphone stand at
One guy had a pair of (I think) KSC 75's, I high-fived him.
And a ton of generic black around the neck headphones.
And me, with my HD 555's/595's and er4p's =)

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #42 of 42
In Union Square in NYC, coming home from my summer job I saw a man with E5c's and another time I saw a man with E3's in Queen's Forest Hills station, that’s about it for seeing nice headphones here haha. For me you would not see a thing because with the Sensaphonics they blend right in and if anyone where to question me about it I probably wouldn't hear yah (that’s a good and bad thing about IEM's isn't
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back