What are all the PPA upgrades?
Jul 21, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #2 of 11
It is almost impossible to list all of the PPA upgrades, there are so many ways of configuring it. Some of the really nice stuff that make what Head-Fiers refer to as a "maxed PPA" include the STEPS power supply, Larocco Audio Diamond Buffer, Black Gate Caps, and good op-amps, though the last is highly subjective. A warning--a maxed PPA will run you quite high.

Jul 22, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by morsel
I recommend a stock PPA as described at http://elvencraft.com/ppa/ or one with discrete buffers. Black Gate caps are a waste of money. Uber power supplies should not be necessary. Start simple.

way to stick it to me morsel .... hehhehehe

Jul 22, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #5 of 11
I second morsel, default PPA configuration is really good, there are better things to do than spending $$$ on boutique caps and such.. trying to find opamps for your taste and getting diamond buffers is essential to me..

Jul 22, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme4099
way to stick it to me morsel .... hehhehehe

I believe morsel ended with start simple. Still, I do question whether Black Gate caps really make a difference, sonically...

Jul 22, 2004 at 7:40 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glassman
I second morsel, default PPA configuration is really good, there are better things to do than spending $$$ on boutique caps and such.. trying to find opamps for your taste and getting diamond buffers is essential to me..

how many PPA's have you tried?
tongue.gif

i have 2 ppas, one with elna cerfines, nichicon fg, and wima box caps
and another with all black gates fk/n except for c3s which have vishay box caps

I do hear a difference between black gates fks and the elna cerafines.

btw =P the leds that you suggested that i get did not work!!!!.

Jul 23, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by intlplby
besides black gates what are the better caps to use the nichicons, wimas or elna cerafines

Well Black Gates are Nichicon caps indeed...

Jul 23, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
rubycon

Oh shut, you are right, Rubycon, where did I got that idea???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back