What apps are you putting on your iPhone?
Sep 28, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #18 of 50
I've installed a bunch of apps on the iPhone but the only ones I ever really use are NetNewsWire, Pandora and 2 Across (crossword puzzles). Everything else is just e-mail and Safari for me.

Oh, and I use 20 Minutes from time to time (Swiss news, in French for me or German if you prefer) -- great non-US perspective on things.

--Chris

Sep 28, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #19 of 50
Oh man, I got Trism last night and practically didn't stop playing it all day. So good.

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #22 of 50
@mrarroyo, directly from your iphone in the "App store" app or iTunes. Search within those apps.

One more game to add, "Mouse About" -itunes link. You guide a mouse to food but it must be done in the right order. One wrong move and the cat gets you when you scurry off-screen. Your also under a tight time limit. The cats shadow slowly rises as time runs out. Slick graphics, music and it's really addictive. I guess it can be categorized as another puzzle game but you have to think fast. It's too bad it's buried deep within the store as it doesn't seem to be selling well.

And when will Apple stop being d*cks and allow GPS software? I really need one. arg..

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #25 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@joneeboi: So, there' WifiToggle and weDict for Cydia 2 and Installer 4? Any idea if there's Touchpad, PocketTouch and Lexiton/TextTwist?

A quick search at the App Store showed that Touchpad (Pro) is now called Jaadu VNC at $25, and Lexitron is available for $2. Pocket Touch is available from BigBoss in Cydia, however.

Sep 29, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #26 of 50
I've turned into an app whore.
redface.gif
Here's a few more..

Free:
  1. a2z pro: conversion utility. There are a few missing measurements but it can be extended.
  2. Aurora Feint: Tetris meets RPG.
  3. Hanoi: Annoyingly difficult puzzle game.
  4. Now Playing: Used to be BoxOffice.
  5. White Pages Mobile: Look up people and reverse phone number lookup.
  6. 21 Pro: Blackjack: Supported with ads. Pay version available which is exactly the same without the ads.

Paid:
  1. BeatMaker: I think this is the first full blown app. Has a lot of desktop features for making music. Similar to Reason on the Mac/Windows.
  2. Clinometer: Level meter uses internal accelerometer. Also has a bubble level. Need to level you wall frames? Get that specific angle for you telescope? Lots of uses and it's very accurate.
  3. Missile Command: Updated classic from the 80's. Also has the classic version.

And here's a nice review site. Easier to browse than the app store. Find & Track iPhone Apps, Fast | Apptism

Oct 20, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #29 of 50
Heres what I have so far:

Bloomberg (Stocks, but with news and charts)
Weatherbug (More detailed than standard weather)
Myspace (Social Networking)
Wikipanion (Wikipedia)
Units (Unit Conversion, really easy to use)
Nowlocal (Local News)
YPmobile (Mobile yellow pages)
Yelp (Find places to eat nearby plus it has reviews)
AroundMe (Find places nearby, sometimes finds things Yelp doesn't)
Showtimes (Movie showtimes)
i.TV (TV guide)
midomi (Music recognition)
Shazam (Music recognition when Midomi doesn't recognize the song)
Airsharing (Creates a network folder using iPhone wifi)
AIM (Sucks because it doesn't stay on, Apple needs to get on this)
AOL Radio (Streaming Radio)
Pandora (Streaming Radio)
Ebay
Twinkle (Shoutouts within your city)
PocketDyno (Uses the accelerometer to find out how much hp your car has)
UrbanSpoon (Random restaurant finder)
Graphing Calculator
Trulia (Find real estate listings nearby)
Remote
earthscape (Take photos and post them using the location finder)
Threads (Wallpapers)
Fring (VOIP)
Flashlight

Games:

SB2 Lite
PapiPole
Puzzleloop Free
Chess Puzzles
Tap Tap Revolution
Dactyl
Labrynth LE
Blocks Classic Lite
Aurora Feint
SpaceMonkey
FourFree
Lux Touch
FS5 Hockey

By the way, all these programs are free. At least when I got them anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back