What antivirus do you use?Recommend?
Aug 1, 2004 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

screwdriver

Headphoneus Supremus
im going to get a laptop with Pentium M with probably a windows xp professional.
i dont want a lot of conflicts so which one do you guys recommend?

Aug 1, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #2 of 17
I think there was a recent thread or two on this subject of antivirus software. Anyway, I use Norton Antivirus on my three networked PCs at home (2 XP, 1 98SE) and have never had a probem with conflicts. I really like the autoupdate feature, and the reminders to update to recent builds/VDFs. I used McAfee a few years ago, and it did cause quite a few problems for me.

Aug 1, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 17
Avast! Home Edition. It's powerful and it's free of charge.
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2004 at 8:04 AM Post #11 of 17
I look after a network of about 200 Apple computers and we don't use any anti-virus software at all. We don't even worry about viruses and I haven't seen a virus that affects Macs, for years. We used to use anti-virus software but it seemed more time consuming keeping anti-virus software up to date than dealing with a virus outbreak. So I guess the anti-virus software that we use is the operating system, Mac OS.

Aug 1, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Avast
AVG
ZoneAlarm
Spybot
Ad Aware

I thought Spybot and Ad-aware don't belong to antivirus programs...they're anti-trackware (anti-spyware) programs. Am I right?

Aug 1, 2004 at 8:26 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
I thought Spybot and Ad-aware don't belong to antivirus programs...they're anti-trackware (anti-spyware) programs. Am I right?

zonealarm isnt technically antivirus software either - it's a firewall.

Aug 1, 2004 at 9:20 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
zonealarm isnt technically antivirus software either - it's a firewall.

It currently has an anti-virus program with it. And from my experience, a good one at that. So its a firewall with a built-in anti-virus program.

Aug 1, 2004 at 9:28 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic

Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back