What amps have you got your eye on?
Jul 15, 2012 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 155

BaudlyDamage

100+ Head-Fier
Ladies and gentlemen!

What amps would you like to see on your desk? I'm especially interested in entry to mid level but I'd love to hear about anything exciting on the high end as well. 

Eyecandy is great so post pics if you've got them : )

Jul 15, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #2 of 155
Dangerous thread. It means we might commit!

I'm looking at the Schiit Mjolnir. Maybe it will convince me to go balanced. My DACs are balanced after all.

Jul 15, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #3 of 155
In a perfect world (and this isn't a monetary thing, this is a: I would need to knock down a load bearing wall and perform other modifications), this:
http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&SubCatId=0&ProductId=PM8004 (and there's a pair of speakers I'd have with it).

Short of that (would still require knocking down said wall):
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-770_black__u/?mode=model (and it's sitting in the other room, calling to me...stupid wall :mad:)

Both also tempt me to go balanced on my remaining dynamic cans - the "stop" is that I don't know what the internal conductor arrangement is for the MDR-F1. And I'm not cutting them open to find out. :p

(If you're wondering why I would have to knock a wall down: my house is older, and my listening area is set-up in a built-in desk, it's not wide enough or deep enough to accommodate full-size hardware and my computer, and the wall itself is load bearing, so I can't just get my hammer out and address the problem).

Jul 15, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #4 of 155
I've got my eye on the Meier Corda Classic. It seems to fly under the radar here, but I'm really interested in the features, I like the look and the price is at a pretty great point.

Jul 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #8 of 155
this:
http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&SubCatId=0&ProductId=PM8004

Nice. I've got my eye on a PM5004 if I ever decide to try out the omnidirectional Duevel Planets.

As far as headphone amps go, I'm interested in the BHSE. At the LA Meet next month I'll try it out and see if it would make a nice addition.

Jul 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #9 of 155
Looking at this Schiit.

But really want the DNA Stratus.

Meanwhile, I keep reminding myself how content I am with the DNA Sonett.

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #11 of 155
^^^
Very Nice. Clayton SF has a ZD with a white top that matches his Decwares. (OP asked for eyecandy...)

Jul 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #12 of 155
Nice. I've got my eye on a PM5004 if I ever decide to try out the omnidirectional Duevel Planets.
As far as headphone amps go, I'm interested in the BHSE. At the LA Meet next month I'll try it out and see if it would make a nice addition.

wow if you have the money go for it. Which cans will you get if you also get the BHSE?

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #13 of 155
Quote:

same here V200 or Soloist, also considering WA6SE and WA2, still waiting on Headfonia's official review or comparison.. 

WA2 
cool.gif

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #14 of 155
Now that the Valhalla is rollable, and I have a pile of 6DJ8 and 6922 tubes, I ordered one.  I've been eying that one for quite some time to drive my DT990/600s.  The Asgard drove them pretty well and surprisingly better than my Trafomatic.  I wanted to keep the tube flavor in the 990s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back