What amps have you got your eye on?
Jul 16, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #31 of 155
Quote:
I need one of these to complete my set-up. I think Eddie Current's stuffs are sexy looking

I think EC amps are amazing but the styling is too retro for me. I get the Moth heritage but still... 1970s kitchen stove knobs? Really? What about those LEDs... haven't seen something like that since my school bus.....

Jul 16, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #34 of 155
Quote:

I think EC amps are amazing but the styling is too retro for me. I get the Moth heritage but still... 1970s kitchen stove knobs? Really? What about those LEDs... haven't seen something like that since my school bus.....

I have no problem with the styling - its the price that stops me in my tracks. By the time you get that thru Oz Customs, its a serious chunk of change. 

Jul 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #36 of 155
I'm mildly interested in the Bellari HA540 or Little Dot MKIII as affordable first tube amps. The Schiit Asgard and Valhalla holds interest as well... If I someone buys my AHA-120, I'd probably try a Asgard, though I'd really like to try them side by side. 

I'm slightly more interested though in the Ibasso P4. I just really want to see what it can do with a HD650. I love the exchangeable opamp option... A budget portable that sounds as good as/near the AHA-120 would be really sweet. Seems unlikely but I've been looking for one! I'm close to as interested in a Neco Soundlab. 

Perhaps most of all right now, I want to try a Bottlehead Crack w/ my HD650. I really wish they didn't cost so much for Bottlehead to assemble. I'm just not a DIYer (nor do I have the tools/space) but would like to try one of these. If they were $300 or so shipped, I'd be all over this, especially with the reviews of how it pairs with the HD650. Close to $500 assembled and shipped puts me too close to the next option...

I am unashamedly intrigued by the Burson HD160. The open box Burson HD160 from soundeaphones for $570 is tempting... but not really. So out of my price range! I think its the amp I'd most like to try now though. 

Jul 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #37 of 155
Quote:
The Schiit Asgard and Valhalla holds interest as well... If I someone buys my AHA-120, I'd probably try a Asgard, though I'd really like to try them side by side. 

I'd love to be able to try a Valhalla next to my Asgard. The Valhalla, although geared more towards higher impedance phones, is something I really want to try, especially now that I'm dabbling with high impedances.

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #38 of 155
Give me a couple of weeks and I can post such a comparison.  I have an Asgard in my possession and a Valhalla inbound right now as we speak. 

Quote:

I'd love to be able to try a Valhalla next to my Asgard. The Valhalla, although geared more towards higher impedance phones, is something I really want to try, especially now that I'm dabbling with high impedances.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #45 of 155
But that's the whole idea of a group buy, you get people interested with the reduced price and the company makes more sales than it would have otherwise.

Works out for everyone : D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back