What amp to get for the Ultimate Ear Triple Fi.10
Nov 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

CyberAthlete

100+ Head-Fier
So I was one of the lucky ones to be able to purchase the UE Triple Fi Today. I will be using them with my iRiver H-140  portable Mp3 player (have had it for 7 years now). People say that they sound great straight through an Mp3 player.

Any how, any suggestions and recommendations for an amp for the UE? Thanks!

I used to own the Fiio E5 before I lost it. Shall I just repurchase that amp or go for something better?

Music I listen too: Bollywood, Trance, Rock, Symphonies.

Thank you!

-Cyber

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 40

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure on this but most(if not all) IEMs do not require an amp to sound good. 

X2, the triple fis do not need an amp to sound good, but if you're intent on buying an amp, whats your budget?

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 40
I have triplefi's reshelled as customs. I use them straight out of a 5th gen. ipod video and they sound great. I've also plugged them into my Harmon Kardon reciever and i can't tell that big of a difference. 

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 40
Yeah. Theres a lot of people that say you should amp IEMs some say there is no point. I've heard mixed reviews. I personally like mine unamped. But than again I can't afford the amp I want lol. Some people have said that the Headamp Pico is nice. If you prefer the bypass to a amp/dac I've heard the RSA Predator was nice. But keep in mind these are meant to push full sized headphones. So the power needed to push IEMs is far smaller than the power to push full sized ones. Just my 2 cents. Remember, one amp can serve many headphones in the future...

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #6 of 40
My budget is $100. But since most say that an amp is unnecessary maybe that would be the best way to go but if I were to get one to drive my future Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 ohms) (buying those for my PC and plugged into X-Fi Titanium) then which amp works best? thanks!

Nov 27, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #8 of 40
probably best just not to get anything. E5 is just having an amp for the sake of saying you have a portable amp... they aren't very powerful or high SQ... nothing wrong with straight out of the ipod.

Nov 27, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #9 of 40
I love the sound of my Shure 530's through my E7. MMMMMM. Can't wait to hear the 535's and the TripleFI 10's that are on the way....

Nov 27, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #10 of 40
Why on earth would you want an amp for IEMs? 
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #11 of 40
I played my TF10s through my rig a few times, and there really isn't a big difference. I wouldn't worry about amping.

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #12 of 40
Quote:
confused_face(1).gif

My laptop's soundcard is unshielded which creates some annoying static/distortion whenever it's thinking, it's a big problem with a lot of the Dell laptops.  Having the signal go through my E7 not only eliminates that annoyance, but cleans up the signal and improves the SQ as well.  Even when connected to my Clip, the E7 seems to tighten up the sound, especially the bass.  Results will probably differ between different IEMs, but my Turbines definitely improved.

Nov 28, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #14 of 40
Quote:
confused_face(1).gif

Because the external amp provides a more enjoyable sound than the internal amp.
In the case of an Apple Ipod, a noticeably more pleasant sound.

Nov 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #15 of 40

Quote:
Quote:
confused_face(1).gif

Because the external amp provides a more enjoyable sound than the internal amp.
In the case of an Apple Ipod, a noticeably more pleasant sound.

errr... you sure it is not just louder?

It is not like these Fii0 amps are of very high quality... Also, IEM are extremely high sensitivity so its not like they need much juice to be VERY loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back