what all tips fit the futuresonic atrio?
Dec 15, 2007 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

basmatirice

100+ Head-Fier
i'm looking for some that provide a better and more consitent seal than the bi flanges. i want some that aren't foam.

Dec 15, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 14
Well, I've tried it all, even custom soft silicone sleeves left from another pair of FS phones, and foamies or flanges are the only tips you have. You can try Comply tips, which are firmer/studier than the FS foamies, and come in both peach and gray, or the Ety black foamies, which are thicker than the tan FS sleeves (and hide the dirt better). Comply also makes thin and short tips, in both colors as well.

There is a Shure foam sleeve (yellow) that also works with the Atrios. It's a short sleeve. Oh, the Shure gray Soft flex (the ones confused with the black olives) also fit the Atrios.

Here's a good place for Complys

Comply® Foam Tips For Type A Isolation Earphones - RaceQuiet Isolation Earphones with Hearing Protection

The Shures and Ety sleeves can be purchased on Ebay.

Of course, you can spring for the FS custom sleeaves, which will run you about $185 with the impressions. But in my case, they keep the end of the sound tube too far from my ear, and detract from the Atrio sound.

Dec 16, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #4 of 14
Yes, the Shure Olives do fit the M5's.
I just purchased them from Amazon a few weeks back.
I wear them inverted, and the seal and sound are fantastic.
I actually like them more then the supplied FS foamies, as they
seem more secure, give ME a better seal, and are easier to insert/remove.
They do darken the sound a bit, but I adjust with EQ and everything is fine.

Here is the link:

Amazon.com: Shure PA910M Replacement Black Foam Sleeves (Medium) for Shure SE210, SE310, SE420, SE530 and SE530PTH Earphones: Electronics

Dec 16, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 14
Oops, forgot to mention the Shure olives (doh!). I have a bag of them. I like them too, but they seem too "loose" to me. Sound and comfort are great. I also invert them, putting the thicker ends on the outside (directly into the ear).

Dec 17, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #9 of 14
No problem. The Shure olives (the foam ones, not the silicone ones above) are comfy, and I went back to them tonight and guess what? They felt great, used non-inverted. Ah, the trials of choosing the right tips.

Dec 23, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #10 of 14
i just got some of these shure soft flex tips. they're actually too large for the post. what were y'all doing to get them to fit?

Dec 23, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #11 of 14
well, what i did was cut the pipes out of the small FS foamies. i put the pipes on the posts and then the flex plugs on them. i tried the pipes at half lenght and at full length. both methods greatly lessened the bass and i don't think they're blocking any extra noise... so, the FS tips do seem best to em.

Dec 23, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by basmatirice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just got some of these shure soft flex tips. they're actually too large for the post. what were y'all doing to get them to fit?

Maybe there is confusion about what the flex tips are. Here are the ones I am talking about ...they are the "soft" flex tips.

Shure - Gray Soft Flex Sleeves for Earphones

The other Shures are called flex tips, and they are a very hard, clear silicone and have a very large opening. The soft flex tips are gray and fit the Atrios, but I don't care much for them.

Dec 24, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #14 of 14
The "soft" tips still feel like a hard pair of grapes, in my experience. Harder than Ultimate Ear's silicones, but definitely better than shure's defaults.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back