What about Samsung YP-K5?
Dec 17, 2006 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

antonyfirst

Headphoneus Supremus
Cnet says it has stellar sound quality through headphones... but it's true that cnet says ipod nano's quality is stellar too. Does anyone own this strange and cool looking Samsung dap?

Dec 19, 2006 at 10:11 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cnet says it has stellar sound quality through headphones... but it's true that cnet says ipod nano's quality is stellar too. Does anyone own this strange and cool looking Samsung dap?

do you mind if i tell you later? and by later that's after christmas. i just got this little nice player. looks very good and it has a speaker(s). this is going to be my dad's christmas present. you know i can't open it before right?

Dec 20, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have this little gadget..the sound is much better than the ipods. It kinda won all the awards and tests in german magazines.

Dec 20, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 6
I had the chance to audition the samsung mp3 player and the SQ is unequivocably miles ahead of the ipod. I was testing with my superfi 3s and was quite disappointed with the 8gb nano. I had to crank up the volume to close to max in order to make sense of the music. Worse of all, distortions were present. In contrast, the samsung player drove the superfi 3s very well and the sound was music to my ears. Even though ipod's design and player navigation is bar none, SQ suffers. Of course, you could always mod the ipod, but I would prefer a player that plays well straight out of the box.

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 6
on the other thread i made about another samsung player, yp-u2. that little player beat the ipods i had. it wasn't even a contest. i only wonder if this or the yp-u2 beat the best of the best, rio(probably not), iaudio x5 or u3/f2

Dec 24, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 6
I BOUGHT THIS CUTE MP3 PLAYER COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND SO FAR IAM VERY HAPPY WITH THAT. IT'S SHOWS RICH DETAILS(RICH MIDS,CLEAR HIGHS WITH PUNCHY BASS) ON MY SUPER.FI 5PRO, 5EB, SHURE E4C AND SENNHEISER CX300. ALSO FEATURES AND BATTERY LIFE ARE GREAT TOO. BTW IT'S NEW UPCOMING VERSION ARE COMING SOON(YP-K3).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back