What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jun 1, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #13,757 of 14,563
I think Baldr is calling attention to the fact that data without context is meanlingless.
As is data with improper interpretation, or correlations drawn between data lacking commonality.

piratesarecool41.jpg

Jun 1, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #13,761 of 14,563
Jun 1, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #13,762 of 14,563
Sadly there was a snafu in shipping - Bifrost will hopefully arrive either this weekend or next week. Looking forward to finally hearing unison.

KSE1500 rendering the Kleiber Tristan as well as I've ever heard it.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #13,764 of 14,563
I was not aware that that was a thing (still very new). Maybe. Depends on what is showing and when. I do not think I could survive down there in the summer.
https://www.santafeopera.org/

Santa Fe is high up in the mountains (elevation 7200 ft), and is usually very, very pleasant in the summer. And not just because of the weather.

Maybe you're confusing Santa Fe with Phoenix, which is, um, quite different.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #13,765 of 14,563

Santa Fe is high up in the mountains (elevation 7200 ft), and is usually very, very pleasant in the summer. And not just because of the weather.

It was less of a confusing and more of a "New Mexico is between Arizona and Texas which both can be insufferably hot for a someone from the Pacific Northwest like me". That being said, I appreciate the correction. It will be on my list. Not sure it will be high up there, but it is on the list.

Jun 2, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #13,767 of 14,563

As a 3.5 year resident of the City of Holy Faith, I will say that Summer evenings are quite pleasant, although during the day the sun can feel quite strong. We are in a period of extended drought, which may be the new normal, which has included a diminished summer monsoon, the cooling afternoon rains that can make the Fe a delight.

I am not much of an Opera fan, yet all I have heard about the Santa Fe Opera has it as world class, and a delight. Tailgaiting before the Opera? That might be the ticket.

Jun 3, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #13,768 of 14,563
As a 3.5 year resident of the City of Holy Faith, I will say that Summer evenings are quite pleasant, although during the day the sun can feel quite strong. We are in a period of extended drought, which may be the new normal, which has included a diminished summer monsoon, the cooling afternoon rains that can make the Fe a delight.

I am not much of an Opera fan, yet all I have heard about the Santa Fe Opera has it as world class, and a delight. Tailgaiting before the Opera? That might be the ticket.
any word on the fate of the sante fe downs? seems there was some request for proposals 4 years ago but all's quiet.

I should've stayed there. The drive to Austin took forever.

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #13,769 of 14,563

Lucky dog you are. There's quite a bit of pre-performance tailgaiting. Even if you're not an opera fan, in a normal year, there are other performances at their facility, and it sounds like things are inching back that way in 2021. Attending anything there just to experience the wonderful structure is worth doing. And scoring a ticket to La Traviata or La Boheme in the future will give you a contact high, and just might turn you into a fan. Although watching Floria Tosca jump off the rampart into the Sangre de Cristo mountains would be spectacular, and something I've always wanted to see.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #13,770 of 14,563
I grew up with these in Missouri. We called it the fogger and would grab our bicycles to follow it around. Cheap high.
In days of yore when landing Australia one was not allowed to move from your seat until Aussie authorities boarded and fogged the entire aircraft.

Reminded me of my days on HMS Blake (and old ship) that was heavily infested with bugs - especially cockroaches - and at the end of the day we used to run through the compartment with a Pyrethrin spray and watch it 'rain' bugs.

We got hard lying money on that ship!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back