What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Apr 17, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #13,501 of 14,563
Sounds like you are describing Bifrost 2.
That would be a real mean feat if they could succeed in cramming everything from Yggdrasil into the BF2 chassis :sweat_smile:
(It would be great though)

But, I’m thinking more in the lines of the same height and general shape of Ragnarok2, but more like the depth of Gungnir. That, and Autonomy and I’m in :smiley:

Edit: A remote would be nice, too :)

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #13,502 of 14,563
Has anyone announced some Gumby upgrades? Why is it ignored??? You can't even buy it in black!?! I too refuse anything above a BF2 until they get Autonomy, remote, black finish, etc

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #13,503 of 14,563
Hello all.... I am back. Please forgive my lack of posting. Last summer I began to have a flareup of my bizarre auto-immune disease. My worst was when I woke up locked-in, and have been spending most of my time learning to move, talk, and walk again with a lot of hospital rehab. The final aspects of this has been hand/finger co-ordination (read typing) which still is a bit slow. The good news is that I am walking and talking again, the former for several months.
I am back on the transport again, and will be posting much more as soon as I catch up reading on the forum. The first topic will be the beta program for the transport I mentioned on the FB stream on Thursday. This should be tomorrow latest.
Thanks!
MM

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 17, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #13,504 of 14,563
Hello all.... I am back. Please forgive my lack of posting. Last summer I began to have a flareup of my bizarre auto-immune disease. My worst was when I woke up locked-in, and have been spending most of my time learning to move, talk, and walk again with a lot of hospital rehab. The final aspects of this has been hand/finger co-ordination (read typing) which still is a bit slow. The good news is that I am walking and talking again, the former for several months.
I am back on the transport again, and will be posting much more as soon as I catch up reading on the forum. The first topic will be the beta program for the transport I mentioned on the FB stream on Thursday. This should be tomorrow latest.
Thanks!
MM
Welcome back, it’s been good to see you on the live streams.

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #13,505 of 14,563
Great to have you back, Mike.

BTW - You looked quite dapper on the live stream!

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #13,506 of 14,563
Thanks!
MM

Welcome back Mike!

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #13,507 of 14,563
Thanks!
MM

It's great to have you back, Mike! I'm glad you're on the mend.

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #13,508 of 14,563
OK, I am caught up on the thread and this is the first of a few posts I will make…. This one deals with the beta program:

The first is my acknowledgment of a screw-up I made in my last live stream. I asked all who were interested to PM me here to get on the beta program. It turns out that Denise has been maintaining a list for the program all along, and anyone who has recently PMed me and has NOT already contacted her needs to get in touch with her to be on the list. My admin skills are feeble at best – kinda like my abilities to ballet or yodel.

The difference I pointed out is that this is a two stage beta, stage one being the USB test switcher board. From the stage one USB testers, we will pick the stage two testers who will receive test Urd transport samples.

This is the way the beta process will unfold.

The switchers for the USB phase are in production now and should be finished in a few weeks. At that point we will send them out for evaluation. We are interested in as many as possible D/A converters or computer USB inputs that work or not with the switchers.

From the pool of USB output testers we will select the Urd transport evaluators.

We have so many beta applicants that the we are not accepting any more effective now.

Thanks so much for your interest! Really.

Apr 17, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #13,510 of 14,563
Now we have a brief post that deals with deals with DSD:

Those who have followed me know that I am not a fan of DSD; it does not matter whether I am right or wrong. What matters is that to add DSD as a feature costs far more than the percentage of users who would utilize it. This degrades the value and competitive nature of DSD equipped products for some 95+ percent of our users. Just as hand painted hubcaps add little to the value of a car, marginal formats such as DSD and MQA add little to the value of a D/A converter.

Going on in the background at Schiit is a project of building our own reduced or one bit from scratch with our own filters so we are not constrained to the messed-up pre-built chips that others use. More will be revealed.

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #13,512 of 14,563
Going on in the background at Schiit is a project of building our own reduced or one bit from scratch with our own filters so we are not constrained to the messed-up pre-built chips that others use. More will be revealed.
I loved it when you hinted at that on the recent video. It would be great to see what you can achieve with your own delta-sigma modulators and filters, at prices one hopes less nose bleeding than certain British FPGA designs...

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #13,513 of 14,563
It’s great to see Mike post here again!

@Baldr I am glad you are feeling better and look forward to reading more from you.

It’s exciting that you guys are developing your own DAC chip. Dare I ask whether you plan on developing your own Multibit chip as well?

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #13,515 of 14,563
A post that deals with Yggy alt-analog boards:

Yup we’re making them. I don’t know the price, since I’m still trying to make up lost time from last year. We are releasing at least two. They are alternates or sidewaysgrades where opinion has been split. It is a way to add garlic, if you love garlic, or a way to add curry if you hate curry. Dave’s fave is different than mine. If you like classical and jazz you will probably like my fave. If you like classic rock and music chronologically through grunge, you will like Dave’s. If you touch yourself obscenely when you look at almost certainly inaudible, yet thoroughly second to none measurements, you will like the third one. (Please understand one of the boards referred to is the stock board.) Lotsa fun. Seriously!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back