What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
May 8, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #12,361 of 14,564
Piqued my interest. Can you say more? Would you consider it an infrequent novelty, or something that could go into a more regular rotation?
The brew I liked I could add it, say, once or twice a week. It is not as intense a caffeine effect as coffee. The flavor was richer? Broader? than coffee.

May 8, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #12,363 of 14,564
Piqued my interest. Can you say more? Would you consider it an infrequent novelty, or something that could go into a more regular rotation?
Yea, it's a change of pace novelty. My wife added sugar and milk and made it like hot chocolate. I didn't add anything and enjoyed it as a slightly bitter coffee alternative. Worth a try as a change of pace.

May 8, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #12,364 of 14,564
May 9, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #12,366 of 14,564
RIP.

May 9, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #12,367 of 14,564
For those of us that remember him, Little Richard died today at age 87. His first hit was 'Tutti Frutti' in 1956.

RIP

I remember him on Bandstand, I think the program was.

May 9, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #12,368 of 14,564
Coffee fanatics: I tried this, looking for something different and interesting. I liked it. You may too.

https://criobru.com/?fbclid=IwAR2-p5kfCT6769iU-6bgPbW8vjCdV9kAJYi9xSQNUATVkMyZrhcuNQRA7Fw

Thanks a lot @Ableza! :wink::scream: I visit the Crio Bru site to check it out. Then I go to the PS Audio Youtube channel to follow a lead shared in another Schiit Channel concerning Coax & Toslink cables and up pops a Crio Bru ad (screenshot). I go out for a while and on my return check Facebook. Bang! Another one! (screenshot). Just in case anyone still wondered, privacy is an ILLUSION!!! :triumph:
Screenshot 2020-05-09 08.05.26.png
Screenshot 2020-05-09 15.19.41.png

May 9, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #12,369 of 14,564
Thanks a lot @Ableza! :wink::scream: I visit the Crio Bru site to check it out. Then I go to the PS Audio Youtube channel to follow a lead shared in another Schiit Channel concerning Coax & Toslink cables and up pops a Crio Bru ad (screenshot). I go out for a while and on my return check Facebook. Bang! Another one! (screenshot). Just in case anyone still wondered, privacy is an ILLUSION!!! :triumph:
My internet browser is Firefox Mozilla. Or is it Mozilla Firefox?
I have AdBlock + installed . It is currently blocking 8 ads (or somethings) on this head-fi page.
It really cuts down on ads while I surf the net. Sometimes I use the public Library computers in the city next door where I work. Uber fast computers. Also uber fast ad-feeds. I search for shoes, and then go to some other site and are instantly fed ads for the same brand of shoes. With Adblock I get less of that.
Downside (not really) is that a very high percent of news sites will not let me on with an ad blocker. Or they will limit me to a few articles a month. Ah, they rush to oblivion.
Heck, my Yahoo email punishes me and sends me back to the old version because I don't white-list them on my ad blocker.
A big problem with the internet was foretold in the 1960's and 70's with cable TV. Cable TV charged a monthly subscription. People asked, why should we pay for it? What is the benefit? The early cable companies response: The broadcast TV you are getting for free is paid for by commercials. With our cable TV, it is paid for by subscribers. It is commercial free! There are no commercials on cable TV!
I don't know when the Cable TV companies decided making money by also selling commercial time was a better business model.

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #12,370 of 14,564
I have AdBlock + installed . It is currently blocking 8 ads (or somethings) on this head-fi page.
It really cuts down on ads while I surf the net. Sometimes I use the public Library computers in the city next door where I work. Uber fast computers. Also uber fast ad-feeds. I search for shoes, and then go to some other site and are instantly fed ads for the same brand of shoes. With Adblock I get less of that.
Downside (not really) is that a very high percent of news sites will not let me on with an ad blocker. Or they will limit me to a few articles a month. Ah, they rush to oblivion.
Heck, my Yahoo email punishes me and sends me back to the old version because I don't white-list them on my ad blocker.
A big problem with the internet was foretold in the 1960's a 70's with cable TV. Cable TV charged a monthly subscription. People asked, why should we pay for it? What is the benefit? The early cable companies response: The broadcast TV you are getting for free is paid for by commercials. With our cable TV, it is paid for by subscribers. It is commercial free! There are no commercials on cable TV!
I don't know when the Cable TV companies decided making money by also selling commercial time was a better business model.

I got rid of cable years ago because I found it unwatchable with all the ads... CNN was particularly horrible-- commercials for every 10 minutes of content.

May 9, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #12,373 of 14,564
A big problem with the internet was foretold in the 1960's a 70's with cable TV. Cable TV charged a monthly subscription. People asked, why should we pay for it? What is the benefit? The early cable companies response: The broadcast TV you are getting for free is paid for by commercials. With our cable TV, it is paid for by subscribers. It is commercial free! There are no commercials on cable TV!
Firefox with uBlock, Privacy Badger and Cookies Auto delete installed. Always wear a raincoat!

May 9, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #12,374 of 14,564
May 10, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #12,375 of 14,564
Ableza said:

Oh yes, I'll take full blame for the Internet.

So you're really Al Gore?
During the 2000 election Al Gore appeared on the David Letterman show and gave his own Top 10 List: Reasons why you should vote for him. His reason
No. 9:
"Remember America. I gave you the Internet, and I can take it away. Think about it."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back